Place your bets.....

MrCJDL

Having recently released a TB, and even more recently read through a lot of the posts on the TB forums... this LINKY is totally going to get nicked (stolen, mysteriously go missing, etc, to you non-U.K.-er's) at some point, isn't it ? :shocked:

Any bets as to how long it'll be ? :ph34r:

Edited by cjdl

BTW, if anyone knows/cares... out of interest, why does the forum thingy (on the left) say im a member and not a premium member ? Is there a separate 'Forum' membership ?

Log OUT of the FORUM, log back in.

The forums and the GS caching site are not directly connected, in order to refresh minor things like that in here... :laughing:

BTW, if anyone knows/cares... out of interest, why does the forum thingy (on the left) say im a member and not a premium member ? Is there a separate 'Forum' membership ?

Log OUT of the FORUM, log back in.

The forums and the GS caching site are not directly connected, in order to refresh minor things like that in here... :laughing:

Thanks that fixed it.

I'm hoping she'll travel quite far... but I really do get the feeling it'll go walkies (pardon the pun) at some point ! Oh well, nothing ventured - nothing gained :rolleyes:

Cute, weak chain, no instruction tag, however points for non-directional mission.

Yep, I read this forum shortly after i'd already released/dropped it. DOH ! Oh well, I'm not the type that will get overly emotional if (when?) it goes missing... I can always release another - with a 3" hardened steel chain, a hole drilled through it's head, and an A4 (slightly larger than the U.S. letter format) piece of laminated card with instructions in 25 languages :rolleyes::laughing:

I give it about 500 miles, personally - though I hope she at least makes it outta the U.K !

Cute, weak chain, no instruction tag, however points for non-directional mission.

Yep, I read this forum shortly after i'd already released/dropped it. DOH ! Oh well, I'm not the type that will get overly emotional if (when?) it goes missing... I can always release another - with a 3" hardened steel chain, a hole drilled through it's head, and an A4 (slightly larger than the U.S. letter format) piece of laminated card with instructions in 25 languages :rolleyes::laughing:

I give it about 500 miles, personally - though I hope she at least makes it outta the U.K !

Hey, you asked. As hard as I might be, I still seem to come across those little butterfly TBs that just keep on floating through caches. If I could figure out why I would put it in a bottle and sell it for a dollar apiece.

Sometimes it's a hard world for small things, but my opinion if you want a bug to last and say you want it to visit all the art museums in the world, make it the ugliest dang thing you can find.

Oh, and currently I only have three language translations on my bug.

Ha, sorry should have used the *slight sarcasm* tag... I did ask, and I wasn't being cheeky/rude... once I'd read the 'longevity' post, amongst others, i realised that this is indeed likely to go missing. But, time will tell !

Making it fugly also makes sense, who would want to steal a fugly thing ? Also, attaching the (small) laminated card makes sense too... it seems that a lot of TBs go missing because new players don't REALLY know what to do with them... what languages, out of interest ?

Chris.

Hey, you asked. As hard as I might be, I still seem to come across those little butterfly TBs that just keep on floating through caches. If I could figure out why I would put it in a bottle and sell it for a dollar apiece.

Sometimes it's a hard world for small things, but my opinion if you want a bug to last and say you want it to visit all the art museums in the world, make it the ugliest dang thing you can find.

Oh, and currently I only have three language translations on my bug.