Google +

So it's bye bye facebook time?

I hated Facebook! I deleted my account back in March 2011. I signed up for it because my friends insisted. Lol. Google plus is much better in that you can filter which content to view.

By the way, I have no idea how to add you guys!

I deleted bebo, twitter, Facebook... Think I'll save myself the effort this time!

All my social networking will now happen in the local.

I hated Facebook! I deleted my account back in March 2011. I signed up for it because my friends insisted. Lol. Google plus is much better in that you can filter which content to view.

I deleted bebo, twitter, Facebook... Think I'll save myself the effort this time!

I agree and I'm mostly not down with social networking. However, I found a few uses for it such as keeping up with family and friends that aren't local, which is everyone I know. And also, peeking in on others with similar interests that I can't find locally. I don't know any vegans in real life but I found a ton on g+ .

But, I'm sure g+ will become too noisy for me too and I'll end up deleting!

I agree and I'm mostly not down with social networking. However, I found a few uses for it such as keeping up with family and friends that aren't local, which is everyone I know. And also, peeking in on others with similar interests that I can't find locally. I don't know any vegans in real life but I found a ton on g+ .

Lol. I'm sure they're all cool... They're just not me.

Thought about becoming vegan once... Tried alternative milks all of which I hated in tea! Don't know a vegan... I know a fruitarian though.

Lol. I'm sure they're all cool... They're just not me.

Thought about becoming vegan once... Tried alternative milks all of which I hated in tea! Don't know a vegan... I know a fruitarian though.

You put milk in tea? Yeah, soy and almond milk are tasty but none taste like "real" milk!

I have google+ and have set a geocaching circle to post caching related info to my cacher friends and share adventures, helpful hints etc. Thought if anyone else would like to they can add me add me here (Let me know your cacher so I can put in the right circle)

Wait, wait. I only just signed up to Facebook.

I have google+ and have set a geocaching circle to post caching related info to my cacher friends and share adventures, helpful hints etc. Thought if anyone else would like to they can add me add me here (Let me know your cacher so I can put in the right circle)

Facebook seems to be full of cachers who'll add you as a "friend" just because you're a cacher - or friends with a cacher - regardless of whether they've ever met you in real life, or have any idea who you are.

Sadly, it looks like Google+ is turning into exactly the same thing. Still, whatever floats your boat....

Well I don't doo Faceslap, or booboo, or twatter, or any of the other social networking things ('cos I'm not very social :mad: ), but having read about Google+ it seems to be a bit different in that you can put your 'friends' into different circles, this means you can have a work circle, and a geocacing circle, thereby ensuring that when you take a sickie to go caching you can still tell you caching mates about it without your boss finding out that you've pulled a fast one.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone thinks it's better/worse than the others, although I'll probably never use it.

:D Quite a few new people on my geocaching circle which is great. Thanks for the positive replies, and its great sharing in others caching experiences. I have not had much time recently for caching . But hopefully in the next few weeks I will catch up.

The real reason behind Google plus is to target advertise, so wait till you just start getting GPS adds on many other pages you visit.

At least they will be ads I might have some interest in, and facebook is just the same :(

Not that I see ads as I use ad-block on my browsers :)

The real reason behind Google plus is to target advertise, so wait till you just start getting GPS adds on many other pages you visit.

At least they will be ads I might have some interest in, and facebook is just the same :(

Not that I see ads as I use ad-block on my browsers :)

It is easier to turn Facebook ads off as they are 3rd party, Google+ is designed to run around the Google ad servers, so turning off (blocking) Google ads might break the sites functionality. A great example of this is when you block adds in Google Android Apps, the Apps often do not function correctly, believe me they have designed this site the same in m ind, it's their bread and butter.