Megellan eXplorist GC

When I start up my Megellan eXplorist GC it gets stuck in the loading cycle at the very beginning and never turns completely on to where I could actually use it. Any idea on how to fix this or has someone else had this same problem? any information is appreciated. thanks

When I start up my Megellan eXplorist GC it gets stuck in the loading cycle at the very beginning and never turns completely on to where I could actually use it. Any idea on how to fix this or has someone else had this same problem? any information is appreciated. thanks

This happened to me once, plug it into your computer and access its internal drive, remove the cachelogs and gpx's and reload.

If that doesn't work, replace the batteries.. Sounds simple but that happened to me once also.

Edited by ryanr69

1. Install fresh batteries

2. Make sure its turned off

3. Connect USB

4. Hold joystick up, menu and power button all together

5. Insert paper clip into the reset hole next to the USB plug and click it

It should now show up as a drive on your pc and allow you to delete the offending files or perform a firmware update (current is 1.7)

1. Install fresh batteries

2. Make sure its turned off

3. Connect USB

4. Hold joystick up, menu and power button all together

5. Insert paper clip into the reset hole next to the USB plug and click it

It should now show up as a drive on your pc and allow you to delete the offending files or perform a firmware update (current is 1.7)

I had this problem whilst away at the weekend - very frustrating as I had no alternate GPS.

I tried this method with varying degrees of success, I'm not convinced that the reset button is needed as I'm sure my device appeared on my PC without doing this bit.

I managed to recover the device eventually with version 1.7 firmware. It took ages to boot up first time and I was not convinced it was going to work but in the end it did.

Mixed feelings about this process because the tricky manipulation of joystick/menu/power buttons + reset pin ended up with the rubber cap of the joystick coming off the joystick leaving a gaping hole presumably through to the PCB inside. The device now works but is definitely not waterproof anymore.