two more murders near G'Falls

robd0gg

http://o.seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2015659592_twodead20m.html

makes one wonder if it's the same person(s) that killed the mother and daughter out there a few years ago

so sad.. stay on your toes out there folks

I've heard (from someone living in that area) that there are a lot of meth labs up there. I wonder if people are just getting to close to someone's private space up there (even though it may not be private land).

One set of killings seems personal. Two sets in the same area could be drug related (not saying the people hiking were involved in any way, but just may have walked unknowingly into bad territory). I'm sure the sheriff is investigating this possibility along with others.

But do be careful out there, just in case this may be the cause.

makes one wonder if it's the same person(s) that killed the mother and daughter out there a few years ago

I've heard (from someone living in that area) that there are a lot of meth labs up there. I wonder if people are just getting to close to someone's private space up there (even though it may not be private land).

One set of killings seems personal. Two sets in the same area could be drug related (not saying the people hiking were involved in any way, but just may have walked unknowingly into bad territory). I'm sure the sheriff is investigating this possibility along with others.

hmmm.. maybe.. but these are pretty popular trails and campgrounds, not remote back country locations.. drug producers and dealers are not (that) stupid and wouldn't place an operation close to campgrounds/trails that have high use, but your warning is valid.. I ride dirt bikes and dual sports a lot (and some hiking, but don't have the knees for much of that any more) in the Cascades and pot growing and meth operations are at an all time high (no pun intended).

I hiked there this past winter. On one side of the road is an old gated service road that leads to an old bridge crossing and loops back. Popular for short hikes, snowshoe and skiing. Across the river from that service road near the fork of the road is an old watershed structure.

On the opposite side of the red bridge is a service road that goes in pretty deep and there is a waterfall that goes under a bridge about 4 miles in that is quite pretty.

Beyond that, the road was closed to all but local traffic. Folks do live back there in almost (if not completely) off the grid homes. Some are quite obssesive of their privacy. It doesn't have to be a meth head that caused this if there was a perceived tresspass. We've had a confrontation happen before a few years back to some cachers on public land because of an incorrect perception of tresspass.

Edited by TotemLake

Newspaper report says suspected suicide/double suicide? Haven't read anything else other than the article you've linked to. So, dead bodies not necessarily a murder scene. I worked up there half a season last year @ Verlot and it's a pretty safe area around the camps & trails. Lots of gorilla camps with no problems. Not sayin' it's Disneyland though. Most definitely would not trespass private property. Lots of wary homeowners.

Edited by Lizzy

Newspaper report says suspected suicide/double suicide? Haven't read anything else other than the article you've linked to. So, dead bodies not necessarily a murder scene. I worked up there half a season last year @ Verlot and it's a pretty safe area around the camps & trails. Lots of gorilla camps with no problems. Not sayin' it's Disneyland though. Most definitely would not trespass private property. Lots of wary homeowners.

Couple found dead in national forest committed suicide