Tranquility II Geocoin

Geocoin Design

Geocoin Design is proud to announce....

Tranquility II

------------------

As I announce this coin, please keep in mind that minor details are going to be added to both the front and back of the coin. Textures have yet to be determined as well, but overall, its pretty much finished. I will 'attempt' to explain the design in greater length and detail as this thread progresses, but for now - enjoy the art.

TQ2v2FinalGD.jpg

Yes, there will be compass headings :) I just haven't put them in yet..

Enjoy!!

~J

Edit: Added a space.

Edited by Geocoin Design

WOW! Jim!!! :D I likethe design!!! I only want to ask something... but I do not know how easy is to be made... or if then the price ofthe coin will go a lot higher!!!

In the middle... where the globe is... can this be done in.... I do nto know how it is called... but remember a geowoodstock coin... I think Geowoodstock VI... from California... that the design was changing according to the way you were turning it... from a goldminer into a geocacher...???

So.. I was thinking... is ot possible to make this? when the coin changes angle it will show America and europe with Africa... or... it will show asia and oceania... like now.... ;)

This will give motion to the globe!

I have an australian phonecard from the olympic games... and it has this thing... and you can see the motion... by puting many photos.... well.. it shows a swimmerin a pool, swimming and winning! WOW!!! :D Hmm... I haven't seen something similar to a geocoin yet!

Edited by GATOULIS

Hmmmmm the phonecard has many photos taken and they united them in a way... and made this thing we can see in the geocoin I mentioned... that gives the movement of the photo... but can this be done in a small area like this.... and see the globe making circles... while we are seeing the continents etc?

Edited by GATOULIS

I didn't think personal attacks like this were allowed?

I just think that after all the years Jim announced this one in order to offend Paula (the original designer of the Tranquility Geocoin) the final outcome is quite a disappointment. That's just my opinion and not an attack.

Your opinion that you don't like the coin is not an attack, it is your opinion. Telling him that he has no talent is personal, and kinda mean.

Personal attacks are not allowed in these forums, as per the forum guidelines.

Personal issues should be left out of this thread. Some of us know the personal history, others do not, and it has nothing to do with this thread. Leave people's private lives out of this thread please, and stay on topic. The past is water under the bridge. Let it go, get on with the future. Any further forum violations will result in a time out from forum posting.

Now, back on topic please. This thread is about the Tranquility II geocoin. Nothing else.

WOW! Jim!!! :D I likethe design!!! I only want to ask something... but I do not know how easy is to be made... or if then the price ofthe coin will go a lot higher!!!

In the middle... where the globe is... can this be done in.... I do nto know how it is called... but remember a geowoodstock coin... I think Geowoodstock VI... from California... that the design was changing according to the way you were turning it... from a goldminer into a geocacher...???

So.. I was thinking... is ot possible to make this? when the coin changes angle it will show America and europe with Africa... or... it will show asia and oceania... like now.... ;)

I have an australian phonecard from the olympic games... and it has this thing... and you can see the motion... by puting many photos.... well.. it shows a swimmerin a pool, swimming and winning! WOW!!! :D Hmm... I haven't seen something similar to a geocoin yet!

Thanks Nikos,

I understand the concept, but to be honest... I haven't been keeping up with the forum, so I don't know whats been done anymore. The 3D photo thing was designed for cards. I know someone did a mood thing.. think it was HWS or CA.

I put ASIA and OCEANIA on the front because the Americas were on the first. I had already discussed (to my BFF) doing Europe and Africa on Tranq III. :)

~J

Thanks Nikos,

I understand the concept, but to be honest... I haven't been keeping up with the forum, so I don't know whats been done anymore. The 3D photo thing was designed for cards. I know someone did a mood thing.. think it was HWS or CA.

I put ASIA and OCEANIA on the front because the Americas were on the first. I had already discussed (to my BFF) doing Europe and Africa on Tranq III. :)

~J

They used a hologram on the GW coin from CA. Quite frankly, I hated that. I thought it looked like something you would get out of a Cracker Jack box.

I never have understood why the original tranquilities sell for 10 times the average coin? I just don't understand all of the fuss. This coin looks great... but if it is going to sell for $100 a piece, then there is no way I am getting in on the action. To me, it seems like the tulip bubble of the 1600's. That is just my opinion, though, not bashing. I guess that brings me to my point. What is the estimated original sell price?

The coin was just approved by GS this morning, and I have to send it off to the mint yet.. I should have a rough idea by the end of the week...I will be giving my distributors first crack at it, then my customer list.. then the general masses. Although, there will be cointests coming along for the ride as well.

FYI- I only plan on making 25 AEs, unless I want 2 AE colors. In that case I will make only 20ea.

I haven't decided on color schemes except for one thus far (in addition to the one you see in post #1).

~J

Yeah.. I somewhat agree, but the issue with fonts is that most elegant fonts are very thin. If I can find a font that I like that is a little wider than normal, I am certainly not opposed to changing it. I had actually thought about this alot during the day at my BFFs house - I just don't like real 'blocky' fonts. Secondly, the font will be under translucent enamel, which makes it that much harder to see with darker enamels.

~J

any idea of color combinations (I always root for a green, maybe with matte copper?)

ILYK

Of course I have some color combinations in mind ;) and I'm sure there will be something green.

I will be running some cointests about the design (which I already explained to my distributors, so they are therefore disqualified by default).

~J

What a great design :wub:

I really hope you do a presale so everybody has a chance to get one :unsure:

I have already, just not through GC or my webstore... yet ;)

~J

So... you've done a presale, but not everyone has a chance to get one. Awesome.

What a great design :wub:

I really hope you do a presale so everybody has a chance to get one :unsure:

I have already, just not through GC or my webstore... yet ;)

~J

So... you've done a presale, but not everyone has a chance to get one. Awesome.

Don't jump to conclusions.. I'm not going to make this any harder for anyone to understand. While its true I have already done some preselling on this coin, I JUST HAVEN'T DONE SO ON THIS FORUM OR MY WEBSTORE..."YET" :blink:

Their will be plenty of opportunity for anyone and everyone to get their hands on this coin at a reasonable price (or possibly, no price at all).

~J

That's a fair point... what do ya think, something more elegant?

~J

Yeah kinda. Something with Serifs and a bit cursive with some flair.

Serifs AND Cursive?

I presume you're talking about something with non-traditional serifs, such as something with extra loops or extravagant embellishments?

Or just something along the likes of Vladimir Script

Edited by SuperG

~J

Serifs AND Cursive?

I presume you're talking about something with non-traditional serifs, such as something with extra loops or extravagant embellishments?

I think its good to go now.. I didn't want to go cursive for ease on older eyes... which is now MY problem ( :laughing: )

Hope you all like it!

~J

~J

Serifs AND Cursive?

Yep something script, like the s*** Happens font or Billy Argel

Edited by avroair

Updated fonts, added compass headings...

TQ2v3ebGD.jpg

Enjoy!

YEAH!! THIS one!!! I like the font now ;) And, of course, I always of approve of green being used :rolleyes:

AND I see you added Tassie (tiny dot on the edge of the coin, but at least it's there). Good lad :laughing: