Whitewater caching near Sacramento

sassmo

I'm a guide on the South Fork of the American River, a Class III/III+ section of whitewater located just East of Folsom Lake/Sacramento area. I noticed that there are a lot of high terrain, high difficulty caches along the banks of the river that are usually hiked to. I think most of them can be rafted to with much greater ease. Some of them even claim to only be accessible by raft.

None of the commercial outfitters offer a geocaching trip, however, I am a guide for a commercial outfitter AND I just bought my own raft. Rafts are rather difficult to navigate with just 1 person though. Most of my friends would be bored to tears after the first cache so I want to fill my boat with people who will have fun going with me.

I have 37 caches bookmarked along a 21-mile stretch of river. I have no idea how close some of these are to the river, but I know a lot of them are fairly close to the water. There are 3 sections on this river that could be broken into 2-3 days.

My weekends get filled up with paying commercial trips, but I'm mostly free on weekdays as long as we plan ahead a week or two. Anyone want to go?

I'm a guide on the South Fork of the American River, a Class III/III+ section of whitewater located just East of Folsom Lake/Sacramento area. I noticed that there are a lot of high terrain, high difficulty caches along the banks of the river that are usually hiked to. I think most of them can be rafted to with much greater ease. Some of them even claim to only be accessible by raft.

None of the commercial outfitters offer a geocaching trip, however, I am a guide for a commercial outfitter AND I just bought my own raft. Rafts are rather difficult to navigate with just 1 person though. Most of my friends would be bored to tears after the first cache so I want to fill my boat with people who will have fun going with me.

I have 37 caches bookmarked along a 21-mile stretch of river. I have no idea how close some of these are to the river, but I know a lot of them are fairly close to the water. There are 3 sections on this river that could be broken into 2-3 days.

My weekends get filled up with paying commercial trips, but I'm mostly free on weekdays as long as we plan ahead a week or two. Anyone want to go?

You should try posting on the forums here:

http://www.rcgds.net/