Why no year in cache log headers?

Mike Fairleigh

Each cache log includes the poster's profile and the date the log was posted in [Month, Day] format. Why isn't the year included? I realize it's unlikely that some caches would go a year between posts, but it isn't impossible. Besides, including the year in dates is a basic data presentation tenet.

If I'm missing something, doing something wrong, or this has been covered a bazillion times already, I apologize. I'm new icon_smile.gif.

Having rolled through the 2001 to 2002 year - yes, the year is added on once it becomes last year. On Jan 1, 2003, all the 2002s will magically appear.

How about a Markwell for the topic. I knew it was out there, but I had to really search. Take a look at the date of the last post.

The thread is kinda truncated due to conversion from the old forums. Here's the original thread, pre-conversion.

How's that for full-service Markwelling? icon_wink.gif

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

Having rolled through the 2001 to 2002 year - yes, the year is added on once it becomes last year. On Jan 1, 2003, all the 2002s will magically appear.

I wonder if Jeremy et al took this into account when they wrote the page caching code icon_smile.gif

Is it going to re-generate all the old cached pages so that the years show up correctly?