Kudos to the BAD guys

CanadaKate

I imagine there are some tired geocachers in Three Hills, Alberta taking a well earned rest. As a visiting cacher, it seemed as if everything ran smoothly this weekend but there were probably some challenges for the organizers behind the scenes.

This was, by far, the best event I've ever attended -- or should I say, best cluster of events, starting with a fantastic canoe trip on Thursday, continuing through way too many interesting options on Friday, the parade on Saturday, right through the goodbye breakfast on Sunday. Photo opps with Jeremy and Signal were a bonus.

Thank you for introducing me and my daughter (E of Team_BG) to the stunning vistas of rolling hills of brilliant yellow canola and rugged badlands. We had fun canoeing, caching, meeting and greeting and eating - Western hospitality at its best! :D

The only negative ... our GPSr died on Sunday morning, ending our plans for a day of caching along the cache-rich side roads in the Drumheller area. :(:(

Kudos to all the BAD guys -- you put on an event to remember.

IThe only negative ... our GPSr died on Sunday morning, ending our plans for a day of caching along the cache-rich side roads in the Drumheller area. :(:(

.. and there's always a silver lining! My new Garmin Oregon 450 arrived via FedEx this morning. I can't wait to go paperless caching. Meanwhile, the old GPSr is making a good paperweight.

IThe only negative ... our GPSr died on Sunday morning, ending our plans for a day of caching along the cache-rich side roads in the Drumheller area. :(:(

.. and there's always a silver lining! My new Garmin Oregon 450 arrived via FedEx this morning. I can't wait to go paperless caching. Meanwhile, the old GPSr is making a good paperweight.

It's a shame that it didn't die on Saturday morning. GPS city was selling them at an amazing price! I bought one :lol:

Glad you could make it to the event, it really was a well planned and excecuted event.

Thanks Kate,

That was some fun wasn't it? The canoe event was a definite highlight for me. I was pleasantly suprised by the Ontario contingent who made it out. There were a bunch of you for sure.

Due to a tight schedule after the mega, I had to pull out early Sunday and left my kayak at Westrock-Bob's place. I went to get it the other day and it was neat to see the town so quiet again. Lots of memories came back as I was driving around.