Nasties found In caches

Well, i thought i'd go and check my (hopefully soon to go live caches), and was habving a plesent walk checking the GPS and basically having an amble, when i came to my Magnetic one.

I climbed down and into the hidey and noticed that the container had been moved.

So thinking that it was possibly the "rangers" checking the location i thought i'd have a look at the log book.

Well upon opening it some liquid came out :surprise: , so wasn't impressed that my container had failed.

Upon climbing out with the cache i had a better look, only to find that some completely disgusting Muggle had P'd in my Cache pot!

So i had Muggle wee all over my hands , a missing FTF badge a ruined Logbook and stinky cache container.

Luckily i had a cammo spare and found a hole to locate it in, i just hope that this one doesnt suffer the same fate!

So what Nasties have you guys found in caches :unsure:

Well, i thought i'd go and check my (hopefully soon to go live caches), and was habving a plesent walk checking the GPS and basically having an amble, when i came to my Magnetic one.

I climbed down and into the hidey and noticed that the container had been moved.

So thinking that it was possibly the "rangers" checking the location i thought i'd have a look at the log book.

Well upon opening it some liquid came out :surprise: , so wasn't impressed that my container had failed.

Upon climbing out with the cache i had a better look, only to find that some completely disgusting Muggle had P'd in my Cache pot!

So i had Muggle wee all over my hands , a missing FTF badge a ruined Logbook and stinky cache container.

Luckily i had a cammo spare and found a hole to locate it in, i just hope that this one doesnt suffer the same fate!

So what Nasties have you guys found in caches :unsure:

Someone left a more...err..."solid" reminder of their visit in the first cache I hid, and filled the log with obscenities before carefully hiding the container again. Very unpleasant indeed, but thankfully that's the only time I've come across anything really nasty.

I hid the cache very early on in my caching career and it wasn't a very suitable location - people liked it, but it was a bit too exposed and was asking for trouble, really. It led a charmed life for a year, but after that incident, I archived it and didn't replace it.

Lee

Someone left a more...err..."solid" reminder of their visit in the first cache I hid, and filled the log with obscenities before carefully hiding the container again. Very unpleasant indeed, but thankfully that's the only time I've come across anything really nasty.

I hid the cache very early on in my caching career and it wasn't a very suitable location - people liked it, but it was a bit too exposed and was asking for trouble, really. It led a charmed life for a year, but after that incident, I archived it and didn't replace it.

Lee

Do I dare ask which log it was that got filled with obscenities?

Luckily we've never found anything nasty in a cache apart from some dead bugs, however curiosity got the better of me once when we were caching the 'Devils Dyke' series in Sussex. 60ft from GZ I spotted a *huge* blue plastic container in the trees and thinking I'd got clever and found perhaps the second stage of the cache we were going after or that the coords were off I thought I'd pop the lid open and take a look. A big plastic container must be a cache and have a log inside, right? Erm, no it was, erm... a different type of log! :o Quickly put the lid back and ran off in shock!!!! :laughing:

Not totally the same, but I recently had a Trackable 'flask' come to my possession. Inside it was a message written by the owner, with a 'response' written by (I assume) a less friendly cacher. Obscenities and such unsuitable-for-little-ones don't belong.

A quick email to the owner and it was replaced with a clean version and sent on it's way again.

Not totally the same, but I recently had a Trackable 'flask' come to my possession. Inside it was a message written by the owner, with a 'response' written by (I assume) a less friendly cacher. Obscenities and such unsuitable-for-little-ones don't belong.

A quick email to the owner and it was replaced with a clean version and sent on it's way again.

Some might argue that the original message was in fact the worst bit.

The GS guidelines do state that Geocaches do not solicit for any purpose. Geocaches perceived to be posted for religious, political, charitable or social agendas are not permitted. Geocaching is intended to be a light and enjoyable family-friendly hobby, not a platform for an agenda.

The GS guidelines do state that Geocaches do not solicit for any purpose. Geocaches perceived to be posted for religious, political, charitable or social agendas are not permitted. Geocaching is intended to be a light and enjoyable family-friendly hobby, not a platform for an agenda.

Indeed they do... but trackables are not geocaches. A trackable can promote a charity or whatever they want to.

Indeed they do... but trackables are not geocaches. A trackable can promote a charity or whatever they want to.

Ahh well i'll get off me soapbox than.

Well that answers the question as to who had written the obscene addition to the message then?

Well that answers the question as to who had written the obscene addition to the message then?

Not really. I just read the whole thing before you.