Premium Membership

When my renewal date came up I waited for some sign of life - but no one month went by still no word - second month still shown as premium member and no request - three weeks into third month - suddenly found I was downgraded with no warning - burgered up me weekly downloads ! - paid by pay pal and back on in a couple of days ! They do all the rate changes from pounds to dollars - about £20 roughly - but worth it for the premium caches and the pocket queries !!

As S&G said Paypal is the easiest and you don't need to have a Paypal account, as you can just give it a credit card number.

I renewed last month and it cost £19.08p.

I joined last month - and that price sounds about right.

What other club or interest can you get so much for so little. I've never looked into how profitable Groundspeak are, but we're all investing in supporting GC globally and hopefully Groundspeak assist all the national networks including GAGB, who I assume are volunteers ?

I see part of the money supports the website, which enables me to do what I need. But hopefully there is a bigger picture that we are all paying towards

Edited by look4box

As a complete newbie, in the UK, can I ask how much Premium Membership costs in £'s sterling, and does my bank stiff me in addition to that price?

Also, What is the best way to pay :unsure:

Thanks to all, in anticipation.

I'd hope your bank won't "stiff you", they will apply a foreign currency charge which should just be a few % of the total cost, probably with a £1 minimum or something.

Last I checked £/$ was about 1.60 so your $30 is going to be somewhere around £18-20, plus maybe £1 in charges and you're still lookig at something very cheap.

Personally I'm not really interested in "supporting Groundspeak" any more than I'm interested in "supporting Somerfield" when I buy my groceries. For me it's pretty simple - they sell a product that I consider to be good value for money so I buy it.

WOW, WOW, and again, WOW

I posted my query less than 24 hours ago, and have had 6 pertinent replies.

I haven't even searched for my 1st cache yet (Manchester weather, you know. It's only rained twice this week: once for 4 days, and once for 3 days)

Even with this weather, I would have been out at the weekend, had I had a waterproof GPS.

Already, I am beginning to think I should have taken up snorting coke, or something less addictive than caching appears to be.

I've been browsing the forums, and been amazed at the level of interest in a pastime that, one week ago, I had never heard of.

Also the help that is freely offered by all is truely delightful.

What a great community I have been blessed to become a part of.

Already, I am beginning to think I should have taken up snorting coke, or something less addictive than caching appears to be.

I've been browsing the forums, and been amazed at the level of interest in a pastime that, one week ago, I had never heard of.

I think crystal meth is probably only marginally less addictive than geocaching. When you plan your holidays around areas with lots of caches, or go out in the pouring rain to get an FTF, then you know you need professional help.

I don't know if the PM fee has increased over the last 11 years, but if you keep up your membership then you will only pay the same amount each year as you did when you first joined.

From the Knowledge books:

As long as you continue to renew your membership, you will always be guaranteed the rate at which you first became a Premium member!

I paid by credit card in May of this year and the cost in £'s was 18.81.

I resisted buying premium membership for a long while but I wanted to go paperless and you do need it for that. So far I'm very happy with it, it's well worth it. I must admit I wouldn't have bothered but for the paperless facility and for that you do need a GPS that is capable of it.

I paid by credit card in May of this year and the cost in £'s was 18.81.

I resisted buying premium membership for a long while but I wanted to go paperless and you do need it for that. So far I'm very happy with it, it's well worth it. I must admit I wouldn't have bothered but for the paperless facility and for that you do need a GPS that is capable of it.

Official app 4.5.1 for iPhone, not sure about droid, renders that part of PM worthless... That said, I renewed today.