Waypoint file open issue...

This is a repost as this looks like a more technical forum.

I have a Garmin 60CsX and have never had an issue loading waypoints to my unit using Mapsource software until joining as a Premium Member.

Now when I save the waypoint .LOC file to my computer as a Premium member I cannot open it using Mapsource. I get the message (file could not be imported)

If I sign out and try it as a non premium member it works just fine. I have updated my mapsource software with no change and tried changing .loc to All Type files. I cannot find any differences in the file properties but there must be something. Any Ideas??

As a PM you should be running PQs. Giving you up to 1000 caches in a single file. Which will come in a .gpx format. You'd do better using GSAK or EasyGPS to transfer the info into your unit.

So is it a Mapsource issue? OK. PQ.... and how do I or what is that?

Having access to a PQ is one of the main reasons to get a PM.

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/default.aspx

A PQ lets you customize the cache search in greater detail. Allowing for up to 1000 caches to be downloaded at once. If you unit supported paperless caching (which it doesn't) you would have access to the description, hits and recent logs of all the caches on you unit. But there are macros on GSAK that can help get a good bit of that info onto your unit.

If I sign out and try it as a non premium member it works just fine. I have updated my mapsource software with no change and tried changing .loc to All Type files. I cannot find any differences in the file properties but there must be something. Any Ideas??

Just a thought...

Some Garmin GPS units, if they have non-PM files loaded, default to non-PM status if PM files are loaded...

Do you have any non-PM files in Mapsource?

And look at using GPX files and PQ's. :D

As a PM you should be running PQs. Giving you up to 1000 caches in a single file. Which will come in a .gpx format. You'd do better using GSAK or EasyGPS to transfer the info into your unit.

BAM... Thats the fix for me. I can choose a .gpx format only on the PQ page. All of the feedback here really helped.

Thanks guys!!