Bookmark Help

CW88

I'm just looking at caches along the route we will be driving in a couple of weeks, and have been adding caches we want to visit to my bookmarks.

After adding over 100 caches I looked at the bookmark list, and they all seem to be in alphabetical order.

Is there any way to change them so they are shown in the order I added them to the bookmarks - which is the order we'll be visiting them?

I had a quick look but didn't see any obvious option to change it - and not really sure what the pocket query option is or how to use it.

I don't think there is a way to re-sort the bookmark list.

Once you have your list completed, you can have the results converted to a PQ, which creates a .gpx file of all the information on each cache page, including the last five logs. This will either be sent to you as an eMail attachment, or be made available for online download depending on how many caches are in there.

Depending on your GPSr, you may be able to load this (the .gpx file) directly into it, or you may need a third-party waypoint manager (like GSAK) to load them into your unit.

Naturally, once the waypoints (caches) are in the GPSr, they will appear in the correct 'order'.

EDITED for speeling.

Edited by AZcachemeister

Thanks for the info.

I normally write down the clues for the caches in the order I want to find them, which was the main reason I wanted to get them in the right order so it would be a bit easier.

Changing all the names might take a while, but I've managed to do the pocket query so can at least see where they all are in google earth now and can figure out the correct order we'll be passing them.

Yes, you can append the title of the entry with special characters such as creating your order by numbering each cache 01 - 100, etc.

Just be aware the sorting is alpha-numeric. That means if it runs 1-1000 then the first entry needs to be 0001. Otherwise it will sort 1, 10, 100, 1000, 2, etc.

We also sort bookmarks by manually editing the entries. If it's for a long road trip I often group them by letters beginning with "A - Cache Name" at the begin point. I leave some gaps as the list develops to keep the list flexible as we make our plans. I also add parking coordinates (if given) to the bookmark entries to make it easier to program the car GPSr.