Cheapest GPS system available...

Smart Mart +2

Just started this wonderful hobby ten days ago and am enjoying it immensely.. :lol:

Currently, I'm just getting as much info from the logs and the cache page as possible as I haven't got a GPS system or a smart phone. However I want to upgrade and help myself and the children out when caching but I'm on a very tight budget.

What is the cheapest system I could go for that will sort my needs out? Someone has one of these for sale...

http://www.kalenji-running.com/EN/keymaze-300-118159410/

...near me for around £30. I'm a bit of a technophobe with this sort of stuff, is this even suitable for caching?

Any advice gratefully received and thanks once again.

its not all about the cheapest you may pas a little more for a better model that supports paperless. but the basic etrex 10 is a good cheap one but if you look around on eBay you may be able to get a better model for the same price. search for gps and refine your search to £30 and then look at the reviews at geocaching. com but don't be caught out with cheap prices as the gps may not include maps and these can be from £50-£100

From what I see, that looks like it would work. You could just write down the coordinates, and wait until they match up. I have one of the uber-fancy $400 dollar GPS's (it's my dad's, who had it before I started geocaching), and I still do it that way. I don't like doing it paperless!