Help Loading waypoints

duelrule

I have a Garmin 60CsX and have never had an issue loading waypoints to my unit using Mapsource software until joining as a Premium Member.

Now when I save the waypoint file to my computer as a member I cannot open it using Mapsource. I get the message (file could not be imported)

If I sign out and try it as a non member it works just fine. I have updated my mapsource software with no change. Any Ideas??

Edited by duelrule

what are you downloading it as a .loc or .gpx file?

Thanks for the responce. I am downloading it as a .loc file as it will only let me change it to ALL TYPES or .LOC

When I compare the two files downloaded. (logged in, or logged out) I see no difference in properties yet the file I download when logged out opens fine. Its only when I'm logged in as a premium member that it does not open. :-O

download it via the gpx file button on the cache page instead and then open it in mapsource. That format holds more info that you could use if you wanted to. GC changed the .loc file format and mapsource no longer opens it as you found out. Dont know why non-PM`s format is still the old. EasyGPS and other programs still open it and you could save it via them and then open it in mapsource.

Edited by IBcrashen

download it via the gpx file button on the cache page instead and then open it in mapsource. That format holds more info that you could use if you wanted to. GC changed the .loc file format and mapsource no longer opens it as you found out. Dont know why non-PM`s format is still the old. EasyGPS and other programs still open it and you could save it via them and then open it in mapsource.

Good info... Thanks