Biking and caching

We love it. We have listings along bike trails. I placed some along a rails to trails route, and we are not far from "the Creeper trail". Lot's of caches there in and around the town of Damascass, Va. You can imagine that the ones at the trail heads get the most visits. I like to place them far away from parking areas. Seems only lazy people muggle caches?

I love it! Biking a few miles to log what would otherwise be a bunch of park and grabs is the only kind of "power caching" I enjoy. Somehow it makes many caches that I'd normally ignore worthwhile.

People say it jokingly but it's really true: any cache can be a long hike (or ride), it just depends on where you start.

We love it. We have listings along bike trails. I placed some along a rails to trails route, and we are not far from "the Creeper trail". Lot's of caches there in and around the town of Damascass, Va. You can imagine that the ones at the trail heads get the most visits. I like to place them far away from parking areas. Seems only lazy people muggle caches?

I was just in North Carolina a week ago, rode the 17-mile trip downhill on the Creeper trail to Damascass! Too bad I didn't bring my GPS... :( (I thought I was going to be pressed for time, but turns out I would've had plenty of time to cache... Bummer.)

Anyway, I too love to bike and cache. It's by far my favorite means of travel as well. Good for you and uses no gas. What could be better?

It's brilliant! Easily the most enjoying and exhilarating to go caching. We actually achieved (at the time) one of our caching records on the bikes - we parked up at a train station, took the bikes with us, hopped on the train, got off, and bikecached our way back to the car over the day!

Also, it's so much easier to bike in the city center than drive a car around. No worrying about parking, no stopping and starting - it's infinitely more versatile and agile. Make sure you have a good GPS mount though, and then you'll be flying.

I was just in North Carolina a week ago, rode the 17-mile trip downhill on the Creeper trail to Damascass! Too bad I didn't bring my GPS... :( (I thought I was going to be pressed for time, but turns out I would've had plenty of time to cache... Bummer.)

Anyway, I too love to bike and cache. It's by far my favorite means of travel as well. Good for you and uses no gas. What could be better?

You leave home without your GPS? I use mine on my bike in Trip mode. That is a good ride down from Whitetop, but also from Damasacass to Abington is a very good ride with more geocaches. Did you see the Backbone rock EC while in the area? We also like the rails to trails multi use at Wilderness Road State Park. It is only eight miles from one end to the other, and Horses are allowed. I placed a few caches along the trail. We like places where we can bike as a family, we just bike for fun and fitness.