no longer waiting to play

jedddog

I recently had a posting about waiting for my GPS to arrive,it has arrived. I am no longer waiting to play,am now playing. U.P.S guy finally showed up,I got the unit out of the box, did some quick reading,hooked up to the computer and got some waypoints downloaded.I figured since I had never done this I would take a bike ride and see what happened, well what happened is I got addicted rather quickly. I worked midnites that day and was pretty tired but after that first find it was second wind time, before I knew it I was 3 hours and five cache finds into my new hobby.I learned stuff fast, 1. have a writing implement with you(oops)2. have a GPS attachment for your bike,hard to shift,break and steer with one hand. 3. until you get more than your basemaps go to areas that you are familiar with. 4.take and make notes before you leave the house and along the way.5. tweezers are a great tool.6. don't feel like people think you're nuts.7. enjoy the view, most people set these caches up for a reason, in other words slow down a bit.8.I'm really going to like this.