Geobeagle help

msoregon91

I'm new to geocaching & am using my LG Optimus V (Android platform) with Geobeagle. Since there's no help available on the phone, I was hoping to find it online, but didn't find any.

Please let me know if any exist.

In the meantime, can anyone explain what the various icons mean...in particular the paw prints that come up with only a cache code but no name or details?

Thanks!

Thanks! But I still don't know what the paw print icon is. GC1MH4F is an example. When I open caches like these, I can navigate like any others, but the Details button isn't available. I've yet to physically hunt these, since I'm not sure what they are. If they are caches, what's different about them?

The paw print is the default icon, for any cache that GeoBeagle doesn't know what type it is. That could be a cache that it has only the GCxxxxx ID and the coordinates for (because you're doing spur-of-the-moment caching), or it could be a cache for one of the rare types that it doesn't have an icon for (e.g., Project APE, CITO Event, Groundspeak HQ).

If you run a Pocket Query and load it onto your phone before caching you will get much more information (including the Icons). The Pocket Query gives you a GPX file (all the data) while downloading cache info via GeoBeagle only gives you an LOC file (GC code and coordinates only).

BTW you might want to try GeoHunter instead of GeoBeagle. It is also free and very similar, but a little more spruced up. I started with Beagle and switched to Hunter on a recommendation from another forum user and haven't gone back.