Advice on a Virtual

Hello there oh pillars of Knowledge and Wisdom ;)

While looking around the world at places i have been on holiday in the past to see if there were any caches around. I looked at the island of Grenada. I noticed that there is a virtual cache there! NOw i have been there, i even have a photo of me and my family there at the virtual cache location. But i went there before i discovered geocaching.

The question is, can i log this virtual cache as found? as it is virtual and there is no actual log to sign, and i have a photo of me there?

Any advice is most welcome.

Hello there oh pillars of Knowledge and Wisdom ;)

While looking around the world at places i have been on holiday in the past to see if there were any caches around. I looked at the island of Grenada. I noticed that there is a virtual cache there! NOw i have been there, i even have a photo of me and my family there at the virtual cache location. But i went there before i discovered geocaching.

The question is, can i log this virtual cache as found? as it is virtual and there is no actual log to sign, and i have a photo of me there?

Any advice is most welcome.

I'd ask the CO... mostly they're not to be logged unless found since the cache came into being.

May mess the stats up if you rere there in 1972 as well... if it'd let you log it as then!

EDIT: Checked and CO hasn't logged in for 12 months. It's your call really as they're your stats

Edited by NattyBooshka

My personal opinion is that I wouldnt log a virtual cache unless I'd been there since it was listed, and knew it was listed at the time I visited.

I am in the same situation with several Earthcaches (and some virtuals) which have been listed since I visited various places around the UK and the world.

I have photos of the areas, I know the answers to the questions but I have not listed as found because at the time I was there, I wasn't there caching.

It is tempting to log them as my 'found' maps would look a lot more impressive with a whole bunch of countries and US / UK counties shaded in but I'd only be cheating myself.

My smilies are all from caches I went to find knowing they were there.