What should I do buy a GPS now or wait

I have been trying to decide if I should buy an Garmin 60 csx or maybe wait for the new etrex 20 I am thinking around $200.00 and both are within that price range they both have pros and cons the 20 has paperless caching and long battery life but the 60 csx has a compass and barameter and is well proven. What do you think? I presently use a Garmin Personal 12 GPS. Tim

I have the 60CSx and I won't give it up until it gives up on me. It may not have all the bells & whistles, but it has everything it needs and it does them very well. Also,I will never buy a first edition Garmin product again after my experience with the Colorado and from what I remember hearing about the early Oregon users.

I love the paperless feature of my Oregon. But, I have to say, if I was to do it again I'd take a long hard look at the DeLorme entries.

I went with a PN40 before the PN60 came out. Mostly my wife uses it because it is easy to use. Otherwise, I have Garmins.

If I am alone, I will use the PN40 and occasionally, my Android phone for more information. I also use a NUVI on the dash to get me there.

The 60 series has excellent reception and a very popular GPS. Keep in mind that it was recently discontinued and wont see any more updates. Also the main thing the new units have that the 60 will not is paperless caching. If this is a feature you want I would recommend waiting. You can do some paperless capability with the 60 but it takes several more steps. If you are interesting in learning how I created a video that will show you how its done.

I was thinking of the Delorme 60 but like the ease of use of the garmin I like paperless but wonder what it really offers as I haven't seen a paperless GPSr yet and I really wanted to stay around 200 the 62's are out of my price range

Honestly if you are thinking paperless at all I would wait to see the new eTrex line. They should be out in the next two months.

I was thinking of the Delorme 60 but like the ease of use of the garmin I like paperless but wonder what it really offers as I haven't seen a paperless GPSr yet and I really wanted to stay around 200 the 62's are out of my price range

Isn't the PN60 cheaper? Smaller screen but the buttons are easier to use. I was at REI when I bought the PN40 and loved it. My wife does too because the buttons make it easier to use. I got an Oregon but returned it because the screen was hard to see in the sunlight. Either way, bring extra AA batteries. Now, I have an Android as a supplement.

I have been doing paperless for two years with:

1. a NUVI

2. a Vista HCx

3. a Delorme PN-40

You have to use GSAK plus a NUVI macro....

Now, I have an Android smartphone...

With a smartphone now, you have the best of both worlds. However, any of the handhelds is often necessary for accuracy. IMHO, I would chose the PN40 or Garmin Vista HCx. The NUVI is still used to drive there.