Archived caches

Allie McG

(This may not be the right place, but it was the best I could actually post to. Feel free to move me if there's a better section.)

When I took up geocaching a few years ago, I found a local cache called "Three Coins in a Fountain" in Minnesota. Now that I have a legit username, I'm post-logging these finds. Except I can't find this one! It's ironic that I'm now digitally caching for this one. I'm sure it's been archived, but need advice on how to narrow my search down to archives - if possible. Searching by cache name, I did come up with matching titles, but the closet name turned out to be in London! I don't remember the CO's name, but I suppose I could search for COs in my area? Any other ways to come at this?

(This may not be the right place, but it was the best I could actually post to. Feel free to move me if there's a better section.)

When I took up geocaching a few years ago, I found a local cache called "Three Coins in a Fountain" in Minnesota. Now that I have a legit username, I'm post-logging these finds. Except I can't find this one! It's ironic that I'm now digitally caching for this one. I'm sure it's been archived, but need advice on how to narrow my search down to archives - if possible. Searching by cache name, I did come up with matching titles, but the closet name turned out to be in London! I don't remember the CO's name, but I suppose I could search for COs in my area? Any other ways to come at this?

Send an Email to the reviewer with the general location of the cache. I sent my local reviewer an E-mail about an archived cache in a local state park that I didn't get to find, and was archived before I set an archived notification, and wanted to know what happened. So I asked him what cache was archived in that park, and he sent me not one, but two! Of course, I got my answer.

And yes, I should've jumped on finding the cache...

While it might not have helped for this specific case, you may be able to find a Geocache using a Google search. I actually found a cache page using a non-smartphone with data plan once when I was looking for a cache that was near a particular landmark I was at, but I didn't know the name or code and was looking for text that was on the page. I hadn't known I'd have a chance to do any Geocaching there so hadn't been prepared. (The cache I found was not exactly the cache I was looking for, but it was in the same general area.)

Edited by EdrickV

You might also want to delete your (obviously) wrong log on the Fountain cache in the UK.

I would like to know how to solve this problem43.gif

:huh: :huh: :rolleyes:

Go to the cache page, making sure you are logged in, and you will see the log that was entered in error. You will also see a selection of options under your log...edit log/delete log/add image or something similar. Click on delete and follow the prompts. I would follow up with a quick note to the CO, but you don't have to.

edit - when you've logged some finds online, you'll see what I mean. If you want help with how to log once you've found some caches, let us know - we'll be glad to help!

Edited by popokiiti