Log on multiple devices

Hi Loggers,

I have different devices to find a cache.

Normal MAC (access via Firefox)

IPhone (access via iPhone-App)

IPad (access via iPhone-App)

But when I log the caches it didn't show the log on the other devices.

What is wrong there?

On the iphone app, sometimes it takes a while to show up. There may or may not be a "refresh" button on the cache page, I know there was with c:geo, but it's been a long time since I've cached on a phone.

Forgive me but I am not totally clear on what you are describing but will mention some possible things to check.

First are you sure you are actually logging and not posting field notes?

Do you have all the devices set to also show caches you have found? There are settings to not show found caches to save screen space. So once a cache is marked as found it will no longer appear in a search.

/more information on where exactly you are expecting to see logs but are not would be helpful.

Forgive me but I am not totally clear on what you are describing but will mention some possible things to check.

First are you sure you are actually logging and not posting field notes?

Do you have all the devices set to also show caches you have found? There are settings to not show found caches to save screen space. So once a cache is marked as found it will no longer appear in a search.

/more information on where exactly you are expecting to see logs but are not would be helpful.

Hmmmm... Where do I have to set the "settings to not show found caches to save screen space"?

What I did:

I logged some caches on my iPhone (Yes I really logged them, not "Posting field notes")

I logged some on my iPad and some on my MAC.

Only the Mac-Logs were shown on all devices.

Thanx!!!

I am guessing there are slightly different databases involved and as such - they need a bit to synchronize.

They need more than two days???

Clear any memory/browser caches and reload - see if they appear.

Unfortunately nothing happens. It is the same on my different i-devices. Only the logged caches with iPhone are shown on iPhone, only the logged caches with iPad are shown on iPad.

Maybe I have to wait one or more day. Thanx again!

Hmmmm... Where do I have to set the "settings to not show found caches to save screen space"?

What I did:

I logged some caches on my iPhone (Yes I really logged them, not "Posting field notes")

I logged some on my iPad and some on my MAC.

Only the Mac-Logs were shown on all devices.

Thanx!!!

iphone app

press menu button at the top left of search screen

press settings button that should appear

scroll down to search options

and subsection labeled My Finds and select either exclude my finds or include my finds.

If you bring up a cache page on the iphone with safari will the log show up?

Oh I had another idea of what you are talking about.

If you in fact are talking about the "Logs" tab on the iphone device for example with the pending and sent tabs at the top.

Yes it will only show what was logged via that device on that page. It does not send a call to the server to gather all your logging information but only records what was done via the app on that device.

I imagine the ipad device is similar.

Otherwise the device would basically have to run a pocket query of all your finds every time the page on the device was accessed.

Even premium members can only run that type of query every three days.

Oh I had another idea of what you are talking about.

If you in fact are talking about the "Logs" tab on the iphone device for example with the pending and sent tabs at the top.

Yes it will only show what was logged via that device on that page. It does not send a call to the server to gather all your logging information but only records what was done via the app on that device.

I imagine the ipad device is similar.

Otherwise the device would basically have to run a pocket query of all your finds every time the page on the device was accessed.

Even premium members can only run that type of query every three days.

Ahhhh. Okay. But my problem now is, that depending on the device I choose for searching, I could'nt recognize, which cache I already logged, because the loggs entries on my iDevices incl. the written text are not in the "last logs"-list.

This is very uncomfortable for an application, which costs 7,99 €!!!!!

Thanx for the help!

I have to correct my recognition.

My logs from the iPhone-Application were all ignored. They are only findable offline in the log-List of application. But they aren't online!

What is my fault?

Are they listed under the sent tab or the pending tab on the Logs page in the app? They have to be under sent to count on-line.

I have composed logs in the field before and not noticed that I no longer had cell service and the logs went to the pending tab and I had to send the logs once service returned to get them to show on-line. Could something like that be possible for your situation?

I have to correct my recognition.

My logs from the iPhone-Application were all ignored. They are only findable offline in the log-List of application. But they aren't online!

What is my fault?

Are they listed under the sent tab or the pending tab on the Logs page in the app? They have to be under sent to count on-line.

I have composed logs in the field before and not noticed that I no longer had cell service and the logs went to the pending tab and I had to send the logs once service returned to get them to show on-line. Could something like that be possible for your situation?

As per confirmation of the app, they where sent to the server correctly.