Large Cache Near Pittsburgh?

xedra77

I ran into a problem with a travel bug that I'm hoping someone out there can help me out with. I picked up a travel bug on vacation in NC and thought it would be fun to set it out again up here in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, I hadn't done this enough to know how hard it would be to find a cache big enough to hold this particular bug. He's about 4 inches square. I know this is probably some kind of cheating, but can anyone suggest a cache nearby that might be big enough to hold this guy? His owner is getting, understandably, frustrated with me for not sending him back out.

if you were a premium member, you could run a pocket query for only regular and large (or large only) geocaches, centered on your home coordinates (or other point of your choosing)

you could go to any list of geocaches, centered on a point of your choice, and scroll down, page by page, looking for any with regular and/or large container size

if the trackable owner is that eager to have their item move, and they are a premium member, maybe you can get them to do a pocket query for you, and send you the results

if you have a friend who is a premium member, perhaps you can get them to do a pocket query or two for you

note that you can also add filters to a pocket query to screen by difficulty and/or terrain rating, and omit/include caches of variuus types (multi, unknown/mystery, etc)

Edited by Bhob