Earthcache featuring a famous diamond displayed at a museum?

Yeti-Hunter

Hi at all,

I would like to set up an earth cache featuring a famous diamond which is displayed at a museum. The educational part should answer questions like how diamonds are "build up" by mother nature in general and were the special color of this unique specimen is comming from (It´s not the blue Hope in DC.)

According to the guidlines I am going to ask the offcials of the museum for permission to do so but I am unsure whether my plans are ok with the other rules like the site must be accesible with free of charge. I would not like to go trough the whole procedure without having a chance to get the cache accepted.

Best regards

Yeti-Hunter

Edited by Yeti-Hunter

I don't think so.

From the Knowledgebooks at http://earthcache.org/:

3.4 EarthCache Types That are No Longer Accepted

Certain types of EarthCaches have many examples already in existance and as such we are no longer accepting new submissions in that category.

This includes US river gauging stations, watershed divides unless it is a major divide, and river confluences unless it is a major confluence.

Indoor exibits at Museums and Visitor Centers cannot be used for an EarthCache. An EarthCache should take people to actual Earth science related sites.

I don't think so.

From the Knowledgebooks at http://earthcache.org/:

3.4 EarthCache Types That are No Longer Accepted

Certain types of EarthCaches have many examples already in existance and as such we are no longer accepting new submissions in that category.

This includes US river gauging stations, watershed divides unless it is a major divide, and river confluences unless it is a major confluence.

Indoor exibits at Museums and Visitor Centers cannot be used for an EarthCache. An EarthCache should take people to actual Earth science related sites.

Thanks, this answers my question. There will be no chance to get this earth cache accepted.

Best regards

Yeti-Hunter