original TB came back

PrincessJ

Hi I had a TB that went missing. After a year I sent out a a copy. Well now its two years later and the original came back. It is now in two different peoples possesion and Im not really sure what to tell them about the logging. Can they both be traveling at the same time. Can I give out another TB number for one of them even though it will have the wrong tag.

Thanks for any help

Hi I had a TB that went missing. After a year I sent out a a copy. Well now its two years later and the original came back. It is now in two different peoples possesion and Im not really sure what to tell them about the logging. Can they both be traveling at the same time. Can I give out another TB number for one of them even though it will have the wrong tag.

Thanks for any help

You need to get rid of the copy TB. Contact the person who has it "in their hands", explain what has happened and ask them to destroy it.

There's no easy way to give that physical TB item another tracking number, unless you're prepared to activate a new TB tag, create a new TB page, then mail the newly activated TB tag to whoever has the "duplicate" TB so they can attach it to the item. If you did all this it would then start life as a brand new TB but it wouldn't include the mileage it accrued while it was the "duplicate".

MrsB :)

You need to pull one or the other.

<snip> ... they'll lock the bug out forever....<snip>

Actually gc.com will likely issue them a warning to take care of it. If they get to the point they lock the bug because the owner failed to comply, the owner can usually get it unlocked by taking care of it, as requested.

Edited by BlueDeuce

You need to pull one or the other.

You get to decide which one to take back and which one to leave out there. You could ask one of the holders to mail the one they have back to you. Offer to pay for the postage.

I could have said all that, just didn't want to. :anibad:

Actually gc.com will likely issue them a warning to take care of it. If they get to the point they lock the bug because the owner failed to comply, the owner can usually get it unlocked by taking care of it, as requested.

But eventually they'll lock it out forever.

True, and the final outcome should be a deterrent. Just clarifying the process.