Swag

Hello,

I was downtown today doing some errands, I took with me a $50 gift certificate I received while working for the muncipality to redeem for municipality merchandise. So I took/brought $50 worth of lanyards and keychains as well as 2 neat pen/pencil sets (FTF prize maybe?) that come in their own little plastic containers. All of these things have our municipalities logo on it and I think they're pretty cool.

I know some people like to collect signature items and some people like collecting seemingly meaningless trinkets. How would you feel if you found a laminated picture of a local insect you may have never known about with information about it? Something like this Gold-and-Brown Rove Beetle (Ontholestes cingulatus) I photographed....

UQF09Q30AQ30BQHS9QBKHKC06QT00KNKKKPKZKT00KV0HK2KQKNKRKBKAQ304K1KZKEKMKEKLKUKRK.jpg

What do you guys like to find/take when you're geocaching, what do you dislike finding/taking in a geocache?

Would you like to find merchandise from your city/region/muncipality/hamlet and photos of insects?

Edited by Paperstraw

Photos? Eh, I don't think I or my kids would be interested not with the internet and all, but that doesn't mean others wouldn't be. Bugs encased in amber? Now you would be talking. :anibad:

Haha, now if I only had insects trapped in amber to readily give away and not induct into my fossil collection...

On the other hand, I wouldn't catch insects and trap them in a resin just for the purpose of geocaching. That goes severly against my moral code. Lol.

On the topic of fossils, I did find some ammolite recently (ammonites where the mantle of their shell has fossilized into a gemstone) and a lot of it is in fragments that could make cool swag. Just put it in a little case and give it a label so people know it's not just a shiny rock and some mud... hah.

247490_10150194053442727_712512726_7478183_7067638_n.jpg

Edited by Paperstraw

Photos? Eh, I don't think I or my kids would be interested not with the internet and all, but that doesn't mean others wouldn't be. Bugs encased in amber? Now you would be talking. :anibad:

I know Amber. Let me tell you, there is NO way you are ever gonna get her to eat bugs.

Really, sounds like some great swag ideas. But use the bugs in a puzzle cache.

Edited by GOF and Bacall

How would you feel if you found a laminated picture of a local insect you may have never known about with information about it? Something like this Gold-and-Brown Rove Beetle (Ontholestes cingulatus) I photographed....

I would definitely find out-of-the-ordinary local insects interesting. A laminated card is a nice touch.

I have a jar with my SWAG. I used to keep record of where they came from, but I lost it yesterday. Still hopefull that I'll find it somewhere.

I just take something that catches my eye. Something unique. I don't like trash that people had in the wallet and left in the cache, like used cinema tickets or out of date coupons. It looks like there are a lot of pennies, even in the micros, I personally don't care for those.

Funny, colorful, pretty, unique, there are the things I'm looking for. And of course, as a good cacher, I try to leave something even nicer in the cache. I buy my swag at my local "good shepard" store, a lot better then the dollar stores around here, and better for the environment. Extreme recycling is what I call it. Turn someone's garbage into treasures.

Hello,

I was downtown today doing some errands, I took with me a $50 gift certificate I received while working for the muncipality to redeem for municipality merchandise. So I took/brought $50 worth of lanyards and keychains as well as 2 neat pen/pencil sets (FTF prize maybe?) that come in their own little plastic containers. All of these things have our municipalities logo on it and I think they're pretty cool.

I know some people like to collect signature items and some people like collecting seemingly meaningless trinkets. How would you feel if you found a laminated picture of a local insect you may have never known about with information about it? Something like this Gold-and-Brown Rove Beetle (Ontholestes cingulatus) I photographed....

UQF09Q30AQ30BQHS9QBKHKC06QT00KNKKKPKZKT00KV0HK2KQKNKRKBKAQ304K1KZKEKMKEKLKUKRK.jpg

What do you guys like to find/take when you're geocaching, what do you dislike finding/taking in a geocache?

Would you like to find merchandise from your city/region/muncipality/hamlet and photos of insects?

I only trade if I find something interesting, 9 out 10 times I don't trade. :blink: Laminated pics of bugs? I just might trade. :D

Hello,

You could make a set of them and give them Top Trump style scores for various abilities (strength, flight, size, ugliness and so on) and that would make them even more collectable. :)

The lanyards, pens and keychains also sound like great swag items.