iPhone v4.5.1 Release Notes

A new update to the Geocaching for iPhone Application is now available in the iTunes Store.

Previous version release notes

Updates include:

• Fix to allow non-English characters to be sent in geocache logs
  • Fix to allow multiple iPhones to connect with the app when using a shared "team" account across devices
  • Increased default search radius to 35 miles from 10 miles

We are currently investigating an issue users have reported regarding sending logs with photos attached, and hope to have a fix in place shortly.

Many thanks to all geocachers who have provided feedback on User Voice. Happy Geocaching!

But still no additional waypoints can be seen in the description. :(

And still I can't see pictures in offline-modus. :(

Specially now it is vacation time and I want to use the app offline while I am abroad, these two missing features make the app almost useless for me!

Edited by Ringeling

syncing notes doesn't work as it should. Each time i select a note within the GC App, the text gets multiplied and a new "local notes:" line is added in front of the text. It happens EVERY time and is easily reproduceable.

Syncing means you don't have "local notes" or "notes on the server". You should just have "notes".

Please be a bit more precise with the app's Upgrade information, especially in cases like this. The first thing any app does when it's being deleted is warn that any data will be lost.

So what will happen to our lists, cached map/logs/pictures/etcetera?

Please be a bit more precise with the app's Upgrade information, especially in cases like this. The first thing any app does when it's being deleted is warn that any data will be lost.

So what will happen to our lists, cached map/logs/pictures/etcetera?

Same question here. And I see that there's no answer yet, so I won't delete and update until I'm sure what happens with my data....

It's great that you can add caches to different lists for offline use, however it was much easier before to just add the ones you log in a day to favourites, in order to access it later to log manually on the computer. Can't we have both the possibility to add to lists for offline use and the possibility to just quickly add to favourites as before? :)

Does this version fix the "successful transferred logs are not shown on web page" bug?

I logged 8 Caches from my iphone, it says: successfully sent to geocaching.com and only 2 logs were shown.

This is pretty ugly.

I have never been able to log a trackable with iphone.

Whatever the guys at Groundspeak do: developing software obliviously isn't their strong side..

Edited by j-sch

Deleting the app b4 installing the updated version will not delete anything you have logged on the main website, such as your find count, souvenirs, trackables, etc.That information is not stored in the app but accessed from a server when u log in

My one gripe is that when clicking the links in the notification e-mails on the iphone such as http://coord.info/... it opens safari and asks if i wish to open the app or open the webpage. A tickbox is there to remember option selected for following uses. Despite allowing cookies, it NEVER does. Could this be sorted for the next update please. Thank you.

Hopefully I'm just missing something, but does anyone know if there is a function with the trackables in the app to "All Visited" with your trackables, the same as online? It's a real pain to have to go back to all of my log entries to edit and add in all of the "all visited" for my collection to get the mileage. Am I missing something, or is the app missing the functionality to do this?

kryten2x4p, a cacher I saw earlier today at an event was having a similar problem. He cleared the cache and cookies of the Safari browser on the phone and then things were working properly. I'd give that a try and see if it solves your issue.

Had a try with your suggestion but it still has the same problem

HELP PLEASE

It has completely failed to work on my iPhone since upgrading to 4.5.1.

I've reinstalled over a dozen times with zero success and Groundspeak offered some ideas, that I'd already tried in response to my 1st email over a week ago and have failed to respond since.I've done a complete recovery on my iPhone, tried everything however obscure.

It won't let me log in, this seems to be the main blocker - any ideas please?