Site news emails?

Kite and Hawkeye

"Check this box if you want to be the first to know when new things happen on the web site. You can unsubscribe at any time."

Has this ever been used? The recent redesign and ongoing tweaking would have been an excellent occasion. Those notes that Jeremy sometimes posts in the news forum would be great updates to mail to those who chose to receive them that way (I would guess a majority of cachers don't read the forums, and so never see the news, and are startled when one day the whole site looks different). I assumed when I signed up, way back when, I'd be the first to know everything, but no, I'm reading the forums with the rest of the unwashed (sweaty from geocaching, no doubt) masses. *sniff* frog.gif

Sniff sniff.

I don't smell sweaty or unwashed.

I've never gotten anything like that either, and wondered if I was left out. Thanks for confirming that others haven't received anything either.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

I haven't seen them either. I started a thread about this (I actually forgot checking that box until you brought it up) but it wasn't well recieved.

My thread is found here.

I think that a weekly announcement email from the Geocaching.com admin (or just when major additions or changes occur) would be very helpful.

If you read the forums, you will see lots of non-regular posters who wandered in after Dan's site went down in confusion (not that this is a geocaching.com announcement). There were a lot of people who were confused by the new search page and the new profile pages. A large number of geocachers have no desire to participate in forums (or lack the computer savvy).

It would be a great help to a lot of geocachers if there was some info sent in weekly emails.

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner