Going to San Diego; need caching suggestions!

blandestk

My fiancee and I are heading to San Diego from Ohio at the end of the month. I know very little about the area and nothing about caches there. Can anyone from the region give us some interesting targets to hit while we're there? What are the legendary and iconic caches in San Diego?

Also, could anyone from the area verify what exactly we need to get in and out of Mexico? I've read conflicting reports about the enforcement of the passport law from a couple years ago.

We are interested in visiting some of the Chuy multis across the border if possible. Can you literally go across the border and then return in, say, an hour?

Apologies for the ignorance.

We'd actually love to do that one. Any ballpark on how long we could expect the journey to last? Is it something we could do with no knowledge of the area?

Shoot for 5 hrs including rest/food/water breaks. All waypoints are off streets in urban areas - if your GPSr has street maps it shouldn't be a problem. You do need a set of wheels to get to the different WPs.