Web Site Suggestion / request... (omit found in area search)

lthaus

Powers that be,

I am Very new to finding Cache's, even if I signed up for the websight over 2 years ago. I just started seeking. I love it. My request would be...

When I select my caches and search for caches near me. Would it be a possible option to not show places I have found already?

Perhaps a check box under personal options page. Then when you select the caches based on my location you could cross check if I have found them already and not list those.

All that to help me narrow my list of 270+ in the local area (100Miles)

??? Good Idea ???..

Thanks for listening either way....

you will find that membership has it's Privileges....

as a member you can get Pocket Queries, that can give you ALL the Unfound caches near you, and not look at those you found.

Plus you can use those pocket Quries with "Watcher" and see the cache data offline.

Of course....without membership...you don't know about these things. Or if you do have membership, it's an item that can be overlooked.

Good Luck...

Robert

Give me a Tall ship, and a Star to steer her bye...

The White Fleet....

you will find that membership has it's Privileges....<BR><BR>as a member you can get Pocket Queries, that can give you ALL the Unfound caches near you, and not look at those you found.

That's not enough. At least not convenient enough. Even if I do an "Advanced Search" and omit caches I've found, when I choose "Map It", all my Founds show on the map. Even though I have unchecked "List Caches you found". And I would really rather only see the ones I haven't yet found on the map.

Paul Hunt

Paul.Hunt (at) CustomSupport.com

www.CustomSupport.com

You cannot customize the online maps because that would require too many hamsters to generate user-specific maps. It's best to import a GPX file of only unfound caches into Google Earth or your favorite mapping software.

Since a very old thread was bumped, to keep the record accurate please note that it is very easy to exclude found and hidden caches in most searches. Where it's not offered as a checkbox option, just add "&f=1" (without the quotes) at the end of the URL for the search.

you will find that membership has it's Privileges....as a member you can get Pocket Queries, that can give you ALL the Unfound caches near you, and not look at those you found.

That's not enough. At least not convenient enough. Even if I do an "Advanced Search" and omit caches I've found, when I choose "Map It", all my Founds show on the map. Even though I have unchecked "List Caches you found". And I would really rather only see the ones I haven't yet found on the map.

Did you look into Pocket Queries at all before you posted this response?

Use this addy:

http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

Very nice site. I learned a lot. But for those of us with GPS's that don't have a computer link, pocket queries still don't answer the need I expressed. To be more precise:

1. I live in a rural area, with caches widely scattered.

2. Hence, in order to see more than a few caches on the map, I need to zoom out quite a bit.

3. In such a zoomed out mode, my 'found' caches often obscure ones I haven't found.

So, a filtered map would be a big help.

I have seen mention of using a Pocket Query and Google Maps, but I'm unclear what that entails.

Paul Hunt

Paul.Hunt (at) CustomSupport.com

www.CustomSupport.com