New iPhone App

NSJLC

Can't believe how good the app update is. Apart from routes, the app can effectively create PQs on the fly, without membership.

I just had a batch of 900 caches downloading in seconds, and the big advantage is that I can run as many iPhone queries as I want during a day, and am not limited to 5.

Other advantages:

I can delete individual caches from a PQ/Saved List

I can move caches between PQ/Lists

I can live update an individual cache's data before attempting a find, so there's no excuse for going from an old PQ, and no need to download the whole thing again.

The only issue I have is I use the routing feature of PM about once a month. Is that worth the PM fee alone though?

Whilst I think the update is wonderful, I think that PMs now need some new features, or the cheap, pay once, app is the best way to go for me, and I suspect many others.

Have they gone too far?

Edited by NSJLC

I wish they would do some extra work on the Android version.

It's ok but could do with being kept up to the iPhone standards seeing as we pay as well.

Sure. This update for iPhone was long overdue, but it does give a lot of function that PMs pay for. A few bugs apparently, which they seem to be eliminating already. From what I hear of the Android app, it needs to be started again to do everything that the iOS version does. Can't see why they'd want to support two (or 3) completely different apps TBH.

So, Android version and new PM features needed ASAP!

Definatley like the new version, only negative is (unless I'm being blined) the option to download a saved gpx file from the site is no longer there.

My usually routine was plan in Memory Map and GSAK, spit out a gpx file, upload to the site and load it up on the iPod but doesn't look like I can do that any more :(

Definatley like the new version, only negative is (unless I'm being blined) the option to download a saved gpx file from the site is no longer there.

My usually routine was plan in Memory Map and GSAK, spit out a gpx file, upload to the site and load it up on the iPod but doesn't look like I can do that any more :(

Yeah, and you can't download "my finds" pq to it. As phone memory isn't an issue, I can download a lot and still plan on the PC. Most of the time I don't plan that much though!

Oddly enough, the new app does seem to have one problem for me. On both my iPhone and iPad, the new app said that it uploaded all the caches I logged, but when I went online to check, many had not uploaded. This happened twice. Both times I waited a day to re-check and then logged from the webpage. Very strange. One of four on the phone, three of thirteen on the iPad.

Not missed a log on mine yet... There was talk of a fix already being submitted to apple... Are there 2 different 4.5's out there?

Edit:4.5.1 update now on app store.

This morning, three logs submitted via the iPhone app, none showed up on the site. So, I've deleted the app, reinstalled, and am heading out to grab a cache or three to see what happens.

Not missed a log on mine yet... There was talk of a fix already being submitted to apple... Are there 2 different 4.5's out there?

This morning, three logs submitted via the iPhone app, none showed up on the site. So, I've deleted the app, reinstalled, and am heading out to grab a cache or three to see what happens.

Good luck... Maybe I need to do more testing!

The delete-and-reinstall seems to have worked. No problems since then.

The delete-and-reinstall seems to have worked. No problems since then.

No problems so far... I've renewed PM for 3 months whilst I decide if I still need it.