BUG? Some cache finds repeated when viewing profile/found...

evilC

Not sure if this is a one off case or perhaps a bug introduced with the the recent changes, but in one case when I look at profile of a person and click on "Found", the list includes some finds more than once, incorrectly as far as I can see.

e.g. The following seems to show Gatman's most recent three finds twice, once correctly but repeated on an earlier date also (in this case before Gatman was even a member).

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?ul=Gatman

Gatman is logging the same cache multiple times. Each log entry is different; they are not duplicates.

That's not a system bug. It's a user bug that has been flamed ad nauseum in other threads. You can only log a traditional cache as a find ONCE. (There are tiny exceptions where multiple finds are contemplated in the cache description.)

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I keep missing my ex-wife. But my aim is getting better.

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

Gatman is logging the same cache multiple times. Each log entry is different; they are not duplicates.

What I find almost humorous is his second "find" of zuhe gongju. In his 2nd log he mentions "Found cache almost immediately. Bit too easy really for fun. " Well sure, it's usually very easy to find a cache when you already know where it's hidden!

Illegitimus non carborundum!

... but usually he styles his hair so that you don't notice them poking out of his head! icon_biggrin.gif I actually did think of that, and being I am usually the one playing devil's advocate here, I guess I dropped the ball by not suggesting that this indeed COULD simply be a mistake by a fairly novice cacher.

... but usually he styles his hair so that you don't notice them poking out of his head! icon_biggrin.gif I actually did think of that, and being I am usually the one playing devil's advocate here, I guess I dropped the ball by not suggesting that this indeed COULD simply be a mistake by a fairly novice cacher.

I did check one of the doubled up cache logs but only saw Gatman's more recently dated logs. The earlier one must of been there I guess (it is now!), but I didn't see it. Then when I noticed that earlier reported log entry predated his membership (July 2002) I assumed there was a bug or database problem...

Must be going blind.