almost to 500!

It's hard because I want to put out a fun one, or one with a great view, but I don't think there are alot of cool enough places around my location that I may be forced to place a guard rail or LPC or something simuliar. I have a challenge in mind, but do I want to place a challenge as my first cache??? I think the regulars around here would just appreciate another cache nearby. But I want something that earns favorite points...thats what I want for any cache I place. I want people to see my CO name, and can't wait to go find my cache because they know it will be awesome...Maybe I set to high of standards? lol

I didn't place my first one until I had somewhere around 8-900 finds. Mostly I just wanted to be sure I had enough experience, was ready for the responsibility and felt I could produce the type of quality hide I would want to find. I'm a slow learner. :laughing:

Maybe I set to high of standards? lol

I don't think so, I agree with your reasoning. I don't think it matters whether you have 100+, 500+, 1000+ caches - that's not the most important thing when thinking about placing your own. Obviously it helps you know and understand good hides but what really matters is whether you have a good place to put it where people will enjoy the find. If your goal is favourite points then great. Don't just put one out for the sake of it or because you have a certain number of finds!

If ou really don't hav any nice locations near you in a natural sense, I'm always a fan of being brought to a cool shop, museum, neighborhood park or even restaurant I didn't know about or whatever... just be sure to get permission.

Also, an LPC or guardrail could maybe be cool if there is some thought put into it. For example, if I lift the skirt and find a lego village or a chache painted with a really interesting design instead of camo, I might be happy I came :)

I don't think you should place a cache just because you have some certain number of finds.

Certainly with 500 finds you should have a good idea of what works and what doesn't, not to mention what type of cache YOU like to find.

Please don't hide one just just because you think you should, but don't hesitate when you finally find that really cool spot that you want to show to the rest of us.

Don't place a cache until you find a place that you would be happy to bring someone who has never cached to. If you wouldn't want to use the cache to show how fun and educational caching can be then it isn't worth placing the cache.

My standard is to place caches in places or styles that if CBS news wanted to go caching and put a piece on national news I wouldn't be embarrassed to take them to my cache. Seems to work for me.