Cape Flattery

WINGRIDERS1998

Yes, that's an awesome place. There used to be a cache out there, but new rules come along you know. Makah land. I don't know if anyone has approached them to place another, but I wonder if permission is needed for an Earthcache there. It would be a great spot for either. One of the primo spots in Washington for sure.

Yes, that's an awesome place. There used to be a cache out there, but new rules come along you know. Makah land. I don't know if anyone has approached them to place another, but I wonder if permission is needed for an Earthcache there. It would be a great spot for either. One of the primo spots in Washington for sure.

When applicable the cache owner must have written permission from the owner or appropriate land-managing agency. The name, title and contact details of the person that authorized this EarthCache MUST be given at the time of submission in a "Reviewer Note".

We went for a motorcycle ride out to Cape Flattery yesterday. Great ride but I did notice there is no caches on the trail or at the end view point. Any one know why or is there any rules keeping caches out of here? I would think it would be a great spot for a cache.

It is Makah land and you will need explicit permission, adequate does not cut it. You can contact the Makah at

Makah Tribal Council

PO Box 115

Neah Bay, Wa

(360) 645-2201

makah@centurytel.net

For answers to what areas have restrictions see Moun10bikes profile page under the Tips on hiding tab, he has a neat .kmz file that displays areas with restrictions.

For answers to what areas have restrictions see Moun10bikes profile page under the Tips on hiding tab, he has a neat .kmz file that displays areas with restrictions.

The list of certain restricted areas is a bit out of date, thanks to the efforts of Hydnsek and the WSGA Parks Advocacy Committee.

Discovery Park is now open to caches, National Parks are up to the individual park (Hydnsek has been able to hide caches in North Cascades National Park after much effort), and I believe caches are now permitted in Mercer Slough park.