Can't "log" a travel bug into the graveyard...

mrp

I was mourning the loss of two more of my travel bugs (Power Blimp and Casey Squared) and was hoping for closure by logging them in the Travel Bug Graveyard just like I did with poor old Mervin, but when I try to make a log for the graveyard, the travel bugs don't appear on the log form the way they do for the "real" caches.

Now I agree that you normally wouldn't want bugs logged at "locationless" caches, but in this case, it's the only way I can get them out of the list of bugs in my posession.

I think this in an unintended consequense of recent improvements in the site (and they're great improvements, but this is a "bug" (pun intended)).

-- Pneumatic

[This message was edited by Pneumatic on September 25, 2003 at 08:17 AM.]

Not exactly. The Travel Bug graveyard is an unofficial way to get a bug out of your inventory. What we're adding is a way to drop your travel bug to an unknown location. I'll see if I can add an interim cabability today.

smile.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Thanks for the quick response Jeremy,

Maybe there should be two distinct pseudo-locations. One (maybe called "in-the-ether" or some such), for bugs that have gone (hopefully temporarily) missing, and another for bugs that have been retired or are confirmed dead (were in a cache that was consumed by a wildfire, etc.)

-- Pneumatic

quote:
Originally posted by Laogai:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=80828 is still open to the public icon_wink.gif

老盖

---

Konfuzius sagt:

Die längsten Wege sind unbekannte Abkürzungen.

Danke,

Ich denke daß Ihnnen Ruhestätte ist noch gut weil es einnen Platz hat. (Entschuldegung, Ich habe das meistens mein Deutsch vergessen)

Leider, diese Buggen war nie in Deutschland. :-)

in English

Thanks,

I think that your graveyard is still working because it has a location. (Excuse me, I've forgotten most of my german).

Sadly these bugs were never in Germany.

:-)

--Pneumatic

quote:

---

Konfuzius sagt:

Die längsten Wege sind unbekannte Abkürzungen.

Totally off topic but...

When I translate your signature I get the following:

The longest ways are unknown abbreviations.

I am guessing that is not a faithful translation. What does your signature file read?

=========

"The Road goes ever on and on, out from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, Let others follow it who can!"