How is your geocaching name pronounced?

I am Soul Seeker

Limited by what was available at the time I signed up.

(there really is no sun here to be seeking)

Heyyy....whaddabout your avatar? :huh::unsure:

I guess I really meant the name as a play on words. Meant it to mean both really.

When someone helped me make the avatar I asked it to reflect that.

It's a hand reaching toward the sun, but in an otherworldly sort of way.

I guess because I'm in Seattle I'm always seeking the sun because we all need it so bad (especially this year).

I guess I wanted to do a play on words rather than come off as "soul seeker" because people would take that as some self-righteous person. I am not self-righteous.

One who seeks is not there. I am not there. I am seeking.

SH-knee-va....

Seriously? Or are you just messing with us?

I thought it was "sigh-oh-NEE-vah".

No, seriously! That's how it's pronounced!

You know...

I've been giving this thought all day long.

And you know what? You are wrong. There is no way that Sioneva can be prounced "Shneeva". OK, I might buy into "Sheeoneva", but if you want Shneeva, you must have spelled it wrong. Sorry, but look at how its spelled. Welch or whatever... it just doesn't work like that, Sheeoneva.

Okay, you are off the guest list! And I'm writing you out of my will!

It's a slightly slurred derivative of the Welsh Sion... And there's no Sheeeeee here you go.

"Slightly slurred"... OK. Why didn't you say that before. Now I get it.

SH-knee-va....

Seriously? Or are you just messing with us?

I thought it was "sigh-oh-NEE-vah".

No, seriously! That's how it's pronounced!

You know...

I've been giving this thought all day long.

And you know what? You are wrong. There is no way that Sioneva can be prounced "Shneeva". OK, I might buy into "Sheeoneva", but if you want Shneeva, you must have spelled it wrong. Sorry, but look at how its spelled. Welch or whatever... it just doesn't work like that, Sheeoneva.

Okay, you are off the guest list! And I'm writing you out of my will!

It's a slightly slurred derivative of the Welsh Sion... And there's no Sheeeeee here you go.

"Slightly slurred"... OK. Why didn't you say that before. Now I get it.

Go look at the Stands, silly. :(

Many get mine/ours wrong because it's natural to put the letters where you're used to them being. The rest of it is pretty easy.

It's pronounced "aMiNalguy". Flip the "m" and "n" in "animal" and you're good. This is also my husband's email address name and I just wonder how many emails the person with "animalguy" gets that are supposed to go to my husband. I always get on his case for not pointing out to people that the letters are flipped. People in his own family have had the wrong email address for him for years as a result. :rolleyes:

Many get mine/ours wrong because it's natural to put the letters where you're used to them being. The rest of it is pretty easy.

It's pronounced "aMiNalguy". Flip the "m" and "n" in "animal" and you're good. This is also my husband's email address name and I just wonder how many emails the person with "animalguy" gets that are supposed to go to my husband. I always get on his case for not pointing out to people that the letters are flipped. People in his own family have had the wrong email address for him for years as a result. :rolleyes:

I've read that as Animalguy for years.

If Animalguy is still available he should create an account and just forward the mail to the correct one.

If Animalguy is still available he should create an account and just forward the mail to the correct one.

It's a very common domain name. I don't think I even have to look to know it's not. :rolleyes: Good idea, though.

It's a very common domain name. I don't think I even have to look to know it's not. :rolleyes: Good idea, though.

http://animalguy.com/ is available, as is animalguy.net

It's pronounced "aMiNalguy". Flip the "m" and "n" in "animal" and you're good.

Funny. When I was a kid, one of my football teammates was called "Aminal" (pronounced "AH-me-NAHL").

It's pronounced "aMiNalguy". Flip the "m" and "n" in "animal" and you're good.

Funny. When I was a kid, one of my football teammates was called "Aminal" (pronounced "AH-me-NAHL").

Just got in from a fire call where their youngest, a 5-year-old girl, is named Aminal Muhammed. Her older sister is Aminah. First time I've run across that name outside this forum.

Ped-A-Gog

Pedagogs (also pedagogue - from the Greek "paidia" (παιδιά) meaning child, rather than the Latin pes meaning a foot) were a type of slave in ancient Rome; their charges were to protect, care for, and in many cases, educate, the children of the masters.

Popular meaning - who teaches young people.

Our name is derived from our blended family (Montgomery/Fryer)

Mo as in mow the lawn

Fry as in fry that bacon cause we're hungry!

Fam as in the whol fam damily is coming over for bacon tomorrow! :laughing:

I have heard it pronounced moffreefam or maw free fam but that's about it...