Austrian Cachers asking for courtesy

Ejadis

Hi,

this morning a fellow cacher and I had the idea to do the SPT by bicycle, somewhen in July.

Since we both don't speak hungarian we would be glad if we could get help from you.

Even though we want to do a powertrail, we are going to do it slow - we're not the most sporty persons. :)

We want to go there by train and then start our tour. Where is a good place to start? Where could we stay for the night? I consider to bring my (small) dog, could this be a problem? Maybe some of the locals want to join us? Of course it would be great if you speak english or german, then. :anibad:

Cheers,

Ejadis

Hi,

this morning a fellow cacher and I had the idea to do the SPT by bicycle, somewhen in July.

Since we both don't speak hungarian we would be glad if we could get help from you.

Even though we want to do a powertrail, we are going to do it slow - we're not the most sporty persons. :)

We want to go there by train and then start our tour. Where is a good place to start? Where could we stay for the night? I consider to bring my (small) dog, could this be a problem? Maybe some of the locals want to join us? Of course it would be great if you speak english or german, then. :anibad:

Cheers,

Ejadis

Hi Guys,

It is nice to come, I have the hall series, so I do not want to come with you. In my opinion to start could be somewhere in Balatonlelle, for example with 70. There are some real T5 inthe trail, for example the 63 is the hardest I think, you have to climb down to a well. If you do not have equipments with you, just skip this point! It is really dangerous! With the others, I think you can do it, you have to climb up trees in 10-15 time, or even more. For sleepng, i do not have any idea, and the owners of this trail are in abroad now, Maybe the end of the week they could recommend a motel for you.

Almost all the points are near to a road where cars are, so the dog could be uncomfortable... But it's up to you! The traffic is low...

I hope this infos were usefull for you!

And of course I also would like to invite you for a great event in September:

http://coord.info/GC2WBKW

Hope we'll meet!

Hi taska, thank you so much for your quick and helpful response! Allright, I'll leave my dog at home, seems to better.

How deep is the well? We could take about 10m rope easily with us, a third cacher, tweetykojote, will join us. So we could manage to rope down. Or is "real" climbing gear needed? Treeclimbing shouldn't be a problem.

#70 seems to be a good point to start at, thanks again!

Hi taska, thank you so much for your quick and helpful response! Allright, I'll leave my dog at home, seems to better.

How deep is the well? We could take about 10m rope easily with us, a third cacher, tweetykojote, will join us. So we could manage to rope down. Or is "real" climbing gear needed? Treeclimbing shouldn't be a problem.

#70 seems to be a good point to start at, thanks again!

Hi,

see the photos

Thank you, ramgab, awesome pictures! But I still can't calculate the well's depth...will 10m of rope be enough? If it's just a few meters deep tweetykojote could let myself down the rope without further protection, I guess. He's got strong arms. :)

The trees should be no problem. :)

I can't wait to get there! B)

Edited by Ejadis