iPhone v4.5 Release Notes

I'm also getting an error when trying to upload a pocket query created from a route to my iPhone. Didn't have any problem putting it on my Garmin, but it poops out each time at about the 290th of 406 caches. Tried reloading the app, restarting the phone... other regular (non-route) pocket queries loaded fine.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to trying the other new features!

Thanks,

NancyLTG

Some bugs:

Additional Waypoints in cache description not shown any more (no way to see them any more)

Indeed, I noticed that also. Over here in the Netherlands we have lots of multicaches where the information / tasks and formulas are written in the additional waypoints. If the Groundspeak application does'nt show the additional waypoints the app is useless for these caches.

Next I don't see the pictures on the cachepage when I look at the page in offline-modus. For some caches it is necessary to see the pictures.

I noticed an improvement as well and that is the speed of the app. Much better than before!

Also the search filter and possibility to add caches to a list is an improvement.

Still there is work to be done to make this app realy good!!!!

Edited by Ringeling

I have an iphone 3GS and have installed the update to the application for geocaching. I have the app working but it will not load up my pocket query. When I click on pocket query on the search menu I get the error message "No pocket Queries You have not set up any pocket queries yet. you can do so on your profile page at geocaching.com." I have uninstalled the app 3 times, I have restarted my phone 3 times. Hooked it up to itunes to make sure nothing else needed to be upgraded and nothing worked. I have signed into the app and shows me as online.

Help I need this working we are off on a geocaching vacation tomorrow and really use this app a lot.

This is really annoying: My son and I have been geocaching all afternoon and several of the logs either won't upload from the app v 4.5. or do not appear in our account on the internet even if they state they are sent (as per two posts above). In particular, trackables log entries will not send to Groundspeak at all! The other day we had to enter one manually on the website, and today I'm not sure what is happening.

Please, you need to post what you are doing with this issue!!! My son (10) is almost giving up his attempt to become a geocacher...

I am also experiencing problems adding photos to logs. And when I tried to change an added photo to another photo, the app crashed! I have tried over and over again, and it replicates everytime.I am running an iPhone 4 64GB with iOS 4.3.3

I am also curious about the forum comments from the lackeys that bug this and bug that have been fixed. Are these all server side fixes, as I have not seen an update in iTunes Store yet?

I was out caching with the previous version areas without cel phone signal. Now when I'm where I have signal, I can't set the correct date for the logs using the new app. I thought I might use Safari and the normal site to do the logs, but on the normal site, I can't add images when I'm using my iPhone. Many Earthcaches require pictures. Argh!

Please add the capability to set the date of the log in the iPhone app. Until now, I hadn't noticed that this was a major failing.

Also, Earthcache icons aren't showing up. I see empty space. One I just logged has a check on a black-and-white round icon.

Some caches I've found and have in my saved Favorites are not showing as found.

Hint to people upgrading ... When I saw that it was taking a long time to update my database, I switched away from the app. I've been able to use it since then. I supposedly had 32 MB of unreferenced data that I just deleted.

I'm using an iPhone 4 and iOS 4.3.3 I like lots about the 4.5 version of your app but I do most of my caching in the 3% that AT&T doesn't cover (amazing how big that 3% can be). I use PQs saved for various areas and really rely on being able to check recent logs to see if the cache is still available and whether it is recently found. Unfortunately, Recent Logs for a cache in a saved PQ don't show dates or status of logs. The same logs show correctly in a live search. Is a fix for this in the works?

BTW, I have no problem getting my PQs with the 4.5 version. I have over a dozen both new and old loaded now, from the US, Canada and Thailand. Only problem I have are the incomplete logs mentioned above.

Thanks for all the great work!

Edited by mcgillz

This is really annoying: My son and I have been geocaching all afternoon and several of the logs either won't upload from the app v 4.5. or do not appear in our account on the internet even if they state they are sent (as per two posts above). In particular, trackables log entries will not send to Groundspeak at all! The other day we had to enter one manually on the website, and today I'm not sure what is happening.

Same here.. uploaded from App, but no log on the Website. But two days before i was able to log with the iphone.

The new updated v4.5 doesn't seem to be filtering out ignored caches. How do I fix that?

...sorry if this is not the place for questions...

Can any Groundspeak personnel acknowledge this issue? You seem to have replied to most other questions in this thread. If you have no answer for this, could you possibly walk me through how to undo the update so I can get the old version back that actually ignores the ignored caches. :huh:

The new updated v4.5 doesn't seem to be filtering out ignored caches. How do I fix that?

Can any Groundspeak personnel acknowledge this issue? You seem to have replied to most other questions in this thread. If you have no answer for this, could you possibly walk me through how to undo the update so I can get the old version back that actually ignores the ignored caches. :huh:

Most monitoring of issues is done via our User Feedback site. This particular issue has been acknowledged and entered into our bug database. Please see http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75277-geocaching-for-iphone/suggestions/2004359-4-5-search-problems-ignore-list-. Thank you for your patience.

Most monitoring of issues is done via our User Feedback site. This particular issue has been acknowledged and entered into our bug database. Please see http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75277-geocaching-for-iphone/suggestions/2004359-4-5-search-problems-ignore-list-. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for the response. Your feedback site is a bit confusing but thanks anyway.