Cannot Send Geocache to GPS

It has been a couple months since I've attempted to download geocaches to my Delorme PN-60, and I cannot get past step one: the system tells me that my GPS is not connected. 1) The computer recognizes it as connected; 2) the GPS shows it is connected; 3) I've re-downloaded the latest update; 4) I've rebooted, refreshed, etc. several times; 5) this happened once before, and it was a Delorme problem with their download from www.geocaching.com program provided to the site. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a clue as to what I can do?

It has been a couple months since I've attempted to download geocaches to my Delorme PN-60, and I cannot get past step one: the system tells me that my GPS is not connected. 1) The computer recognizes it as connected; 2) the GPS shows it is connected; 3) I've re-downloaded the latest update; 4) I've rebooted, refreshed, etc. several times; 5) this happened once before, and it was a Delorme problem with their download from www.geocaching.com program provided to the site. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a clue as to what I can do?

Firefox recently upgraded and no longer recognizes Garmin. Maybe your browser has done something similar. Try using another browser and see if that works.

My DeLorme 60 works with the newest edition of firefox. Do you have either Topo or the CacheRegister running? I do know that if I have Topo open, I cannot manually upload my field notes so that also might interfere with the send to GPS function which I rarely use. I prefer Topo, Also when was the last time you updated the firmware on your GPS? There was a quite recent firmware update.

Thank you, RckHnd and Team Taran, for your replies.

Since I did not know that there had been a firmware update for the PN-60, I took care of that first. The geocaches still will not "send" to my GPS from the website.

I have not had the Topo program running when I am attempting to upload caches, and I don't have CacheRegister.

I use IE for my browser, but if the problem is with it, I'd think that others would have experienced the same problem.

I'll continue trying . . . and thanks again.

Hodoiporos

I never use send to GPS. I always use either Topo or GSAK. I occasionally use Cacheregister since all these methods allow loading more than one cache at a time. I also never use Internet Explorer but just out of curiosity, I tried using the plug in with Explorer. It couldn't detect the plugin and after I downloaded and installed it, it still couldn't find it. I took a quick look at the DeLorme forums and did not find any discussion on this but it looks like it is not currently working with Internet Explorer. After it failed with IE, I tried it again with Firefox and it worked so if you are willing to try a different browser this might fix your problem.

I never use send to GPS. I always use either Topo or GSAK. I occasionally use Cacheregister since all these methods allow loading more than one cache at a time. I also never use Internet Explorer but just out of curiosity, I tried using the plug in with Explorer. It couldn't detect the plugin and after I downloaded and installed it, it still couldn't find it. I took a quick look at the DeLorme forums and did not find any discussion on this but it looks like it is not currently working with Internet Explorer. After it failed with IE, I tried it again with Firefox and it worked so if you are willing to try a different browser this might fix your problem.

Firefox started working for me again as well, but I still have to restart the browser in 32 bit mode.