Delorme PN 40

Can anyone give me suggestion or tell me how to get more than 1000 caches on my pn 40. I know it can only hold 1000 caches at one time and sometimes not even that. This is a big problem if you are traveling over a large area. Is there anyway to store more caches to use later or to interchange out? Thought it was putting caches on sd card but it is always putting them on internal memory. May not be any other way but open to anything others have found to do. Thank you.

One of the features of the PN60 is improved waypoint, track, and geocache file management

› No finite limitations on the quantities of each that can be saved to internal memory

› In addition, all can be saved to and retrieved from SD cards

Although the latest software 2.8 improves battery life, etc for the PN40, it does nothing about the limitations on caches that you are asking about. You are at the limit for this model.

Regarding the honest attempt above to provide information, may I post a contrary response?

I have FW 2.8 installed on my PN-40 and am able to carry well over 1,000 caches on its SDHC card.

This firmware now allows caches to be stored on many individual waypoint/geocache files.

Although each file is limited to 1,000 caches, multiple files permit the hosting of thousands of caches.

http://support.delorme.com/questions.php?questionid=114

I prefer to use the free Cache Register 2.0 widget to manage my Pocket Query results.

In so doing it downloads the results from geocaching.com and installs them on the SD card of my -40 (replacing earlier versions of the same PQs, where existing).

After installation of CR 2.0, at its first execution it will offer to install FW 2.8 on your -40.

Note:

1. The CR 2.0 installation will result in a full firmware update.

2. This full updates includes the firmware code in addition to Topo NA 9.0 base maps.

3. If your -40 has the detail maps Topo USA 8.0 maps, there may be road route anomalies due to incompatibilities between the T9 base maps and the T8 detail maps.

4. After installation of FW 2.8, full, on my -40, I updated its detail maps to those of Topo NA 9.0 and do not suffer road route issues.

5. OTOH, a partial update, FW only, may be accomplished to to maintain both T8 base and detail maps on the PN-40.

Edited by Team CowboyPapa