Cache Suggestions - Around Minden ON

rtyrie

I will staying near Minden, Ontario for a week at the end of July. Specifically I will be staying on Halls Lake, just a bit north of Minden. I've started looking at caches in the area. I notice that Wilberforce is not too far to the east. I think I remember this area being referred to as the geocaching capital of Canada. Does anyone of any recommendations for caches in the area, preferably ones on a nice trail.

On a side note, has anyone noticed that Algonquin Park has gone missing from Google Maps?

Edited by rtyrie

I will staying near Minden, Ontario for a week at the end of July. Specifically I will be staying on Halls Lake, just a bit north of Minden. I've started looking at caches in the area. I notice that Wilberforce is not to far to the east. I think I remember this area being referred to as the geocaching capital of Canada. Does anyone of any recommendations for caches in the area, preferably ones on a nice trail.

On a side note has anyone noticed that Algonquin Park has gone missing from Google Maps?

The caching is good anywhere east of your location--(west as well in the Bracebridge area ha ha)anyways there is a rail trail (multi use) that goes into Wilberforce--some excellent caches around that area--watch for ones put out by Hilsrus and Hubby--they have some good hides placed--just remember to wear light coloured outfits as the deer flies are probably going to be in full force and they like dark clothing---enjoy TY

On a side note has anyone noticed that Algonquin Park has gone missing from Google Maps?

You're right! What up with that? blink.gif

... And as google maps is the official park boundary checker for the Ontario reviewers... does that mean it is now fair game? :ninja:

Actually, caches HAVE been published in Algonquin Park, after the Ontario Parks ban went into effect. The park superintendent has been permitting some.

For example, GC1RVYM Pine In De Skies is a cache along Highway 60 within the Park Boundaries, published in 2009.

You're right! What up with that? blink.gif

I reported the issue to Google, and today I received a response. They confirmed the issue, and said that they will update the map soon.