Geocaching Etiquette and FTF Logging

Here's a bit of a rant, but I'm looking for opinions...

A Cache was published in the morning of June 30'th, and was quickly found. I Headed out with my daughter to find it, as we attempted a FTF. We got there, opened the cache and saw the FTF log entry, and we were second. No problem, it happens, and the person that got the FTF is well known in the area, and has quite a few finds (Almost 3,000 finds.) This person decided not to log the find, and proceeded to travel to Geowoodstock, and logged it this morning, JULY 4'th. which is 5 days after Publishing.

So my question is this... I realize FTF is just a bragging right, and doesn't really count for anything. Should a Cacher claim a FTF, when they didn't bother to log it for 5 days? Or, did the technically find it first, but lost the claim, due to not logging in a timely manor? I Believe that a FTF should be logged ASAP, so other potential cachers know it's been found. After that, I don't really care when people log it.

Opinions, are welcome.

FTF is typically based on the physical log in the cache. But its more of a personal achievement then anything. If they never log the find online it doesn't negate the FTF. There are a very large number of cachers who either never log there finds online or wait several months before logging the finds.

In the end if you want to call yourself the FTF based on a technicality that's up to you but don't expect the CO to recognize you for it. If the FTF chooses not to log online or can't do so immediately thats there right and doesn't change the fact that there name is first on the physical log.

FTF means First To FIND, not first to log, not first to find and log, just first to find.Sounds like FTF finder had a good reason for the delay in logging.

fact is, in the bigger picture of things, the only person that the numbers matter to, is yourself, same as me. I have one FTF, and the only one that that matters to is me, just as yours matter to you.

• Upvote 1

Some FTF hunters routinely take a day or two to log their FTFs. I suspect it's because they want the next person to come along thinking, "Oh sweet, it hasn't been found yet, I still could make FTF," and then be disappointed. I personally don't think too much of that practice (assuming that is indeed the reasoning behind it - just an assumption, but I bet that's the reasoning at least some of the time). So if I get a STF and the FTF hasn't logged yet, I log mine right away (saying something like "Rats, not FTF") just so everyone else knows not to bother trying for FTF.

I've said it before... IF the paper log has a box set aside for First Find, then only the signature in that box will be the FTF.

Could be a FTF box or simply spot 1. Removes all the discussion. What I dislike are people who sign the log elsewhere in the back pages to conceal the fact of FTF from others. So I think the designated spot in the log to be a good idea. But like me many do not play the FTF subgame seriously, so what does it matter. I still manage to find some though.

Doug 7rxc

I Believe that a FTF should be logged ASAP, so other potential cachers know it's been found.

While it's certainly good form to do so, it's not a requirement. If you were the second (or third or ...) to find, you don't need to wait for the FTFer to log their find. You log it right away, it may be the first log on the page, but you still won't be FTF.

• Upvote 2

In an ideal world as soon as we find a cache we log it but sometimes that just doesn't happen. A great deal of us don't have a smart phone (in fact I have the cheapest most basic phone I can get). I try to come home and make my logs right away but sometimes I grab them on the way out of town, or I get home and its time to cook dinner. During the school year sometimes I don't get back to my computer for a couple of days since I am an Outdoor Recreation major.

To me the first to physically find the cache is the winner and they are the ones who get to sign the log first. It doesn't matter when they log it online.

• Upvote 1

FWIW, some people distinguish between FTF (First to Find) and FTL (First to Log online).

Or, did the technically find it first, but lost the claim, due to not logging in a timely manor?
Did they sign the first space on the log with a magical disappearing ink that vanishes if they don't log online within a certain period of time?

I Believe that a FTF should be logged ASAP, so other potential cachers know it's been found.
I've logged my FTFs the same way that I've logged all my other finds: as soon as it's convenient for me. Occasionally, that's within a few hours. Sometimes, it's the same day. Usually, it's the same week. So far, it's always been within a month.
  • Upvote 1

My buddy had a cache where he actually saw the group that got the FTF, but they never logged online. It has been 1.5 years and they never made a peep online. They are still the FTF, it doesn't make a difference.

There are some bumps and bruises that you have to accept when playing that part of the game. It has plenty of disappointment :mad: and tons of fun :lol: . Gotta take them both, unless you are a ninja :ph34r:.

• Upvote 2

Wait a minute.... I think you are all wrong. :mad:

If I run my statistics on-line to see what geocaches I was "first" to find, I get credit for any geocache that I logged on-line first. :D The Actual ftf-er would have to backdate his log to get credit. :huh:

Talk is cheap. My computer knows the truth.

:drama::signalviolin::drama:

Should a Cacher claim a FTF, when they didn't bother to log it for 5 days?

It would be rather bad form to do so unless they were actually the first to physically find it.

Did the fact that you were not there first somehow change your find?

You'd really hate it around here. I don't recognize FTF anymore than the ones I find 25th, which means I get around to logging them when it fits my schedule, sometimes right away and sometimes weeks or months later. I have not got that many, somewhere between 30 and 60, and if you go through my logs and are lucky enough to find one of them, I rarely acknowledge I was first with the exception of maybe mentioning I was surprised to find an empty log after "X" days.

I also commonly give out the coords to caches prior to being published here. Caches are meant to be found and to enjoy the experience and/or challenge of the find. If I want to race, I will go back to the local dirt track.

Edited by baloo&bd

Opinions, are welcome.

I had an FTF issue that resulted in the owner setting up a 'special' cache (Don't worry, I didn't have much of a complaint and that situation actually started our friendship that we continue today, along with the others involved. Not kidding). Long story short, pretty much gave up on FTF once it was clear that no guidelines means pointless and potentially harmful misunderstandings.

So my question is this... I realize FTF is just a bragging right, and doesn't really count for anything. Should a Cacher claim a FTF, when they didn't bother to log it for 5 days? Or, did the technically find it first, but lost the claim, due to not logging in a timely manor? I Believe that a FTF should be logged ASAP, so other potential cachers know it's been found. After that, I don't really care when people log it.

Opinions, are welcome.

Along with the majority of the folks here, I don't see a problem with this. Is it frustrating? Yes. You probably wouldn't have wasted your time prioritizing this as a FTF attempt, though you probably would still have gone after the smiley. Late logging is not an issue in my book, especially if you have dozens of finds to log.

Around here (north San Diego County) there are a small handful of FTF-hounds who are in constant competition with one another for FTF. They tend not to log their finds for 12-24 hours after a successful FTF on purpose. Partly, this drives up interest from the other hunters (nobody likes to let a blank log sit all lonely and sad, FTF or no). Also, it is a tactical move when multiple caches in a smallish radius are published and one is trying to beat others to multiple hides. In the end, it's all about bragging rights between friends and nothing more. The accidental/occasional FTF hunter is going to learn quickly that there are a few people who are prepared to walk out the door at 10pm on a Tuesday the moment a notification comes in.

It's completely silly but the practice (FTF) adds a dimension of friendly competition. Late logging...meh. No big deal. False logging? Well...that's a flogging. :D

Some cachers will never log online. Most cachers don't care who found it first, and so many more cachers will never, ever, even read anyone else's log. Many cachers will never check second page to see who else found it. Personally, I don't care who got there first, or if they ever logged online (unless of course they move my TBs).

It's the last to find I would be more concerned about, if I can't find it! :D

A Cache was published in the morning of June 30'th, and was quickly found. I Headed out with my daughter to find it, as we attempted a FTF. We got there, opened the cache and saw the FTF log entry, and we were second. No problem, it happens, and the person that got the FTF is well known in the area, and has quite a few finds (Almost 3,000 finds.) This person decided not to log the find, and proceeded to travel to Geowoodstock, and logged it this morning, JULY 4'th. which is 5 days after Publishing.

Opinions, are welcome.

I don't get why so many people seem to find so many reasons to get upset about what should be a very simple, enjoyable hobby.

I am an avid FTF'r in my area (2 today :) and I always try to log as soon as possible. I usually log a Note from my phone saying FTF More later and then delete it when I get home after making the real find log. I don't find everyone else is like that but most around here will log it within an hour or two. The only time it's ever bothered me a little was when I went after an FTF at the end of a long hike and saw that it had been found 5 days earlier. The hike was still nice and I enjoyed getting the cache but I may have selected another location to spent that day hiking at if I hadn't thought there was an FTF there.

I also want to say that I am surprised by the almost palpable negativity towards people who enjoy FTF's on this forum. While there are no guidelines and rules there are common courtesies and best practices with the sub-game of FTF's. I know in my area (Puget Sound), almost everyone is willing to share an FTF if the other people were on scene and started searching. Rarely do I see any dispute's around it. As for the question in the thread I have to say that in my area logging your find as FTF would not be Kosher. Your best bet is to ask the CO what they think, and go with that.

I realize FTF is just a bragging right, and doesn't really count for anything.

I think you answered your own question with that statement right there.

But, since you asked for opionions, here is mine:

They are the FTF regardless of how long it takes them to log the cache.

• Upvote 2

Some FTF hunters routinely take a day or two to log their FTFs. I suspect it's because they want the next person to come along thinking, "Oh sweet, it hasn't been found yet, I still could make FTF," and then be disappointed.

This is the case with one or two people I know: one does it specifically to give the STFer the downer affect; the other does it from an elitist I'm-going-to-show-I'm-better-than-FTFers-by-waiting-for-days-to-log-then-adding-how-ho-hum-the-FTF-is-to-me.

I do not condone it myself, I usually post a 'FTF more later' log from my phone right away since I understand the time and effort put into FTF chase and if not for the FTF then they would choose to find the cache when it better fits into their plans.

I am an avid FTF'r in my area (2 today :) and I always try to log as soon as possible. I usually log a Note from my phone saying FTF More later and then delete it when I get home after making the real find log. I don't find everyone else is like that but most around here will log it within an hour or two. The only time it's ever bothered me a little was when I went after an FTF at the end of a long hike and saw that it had been found 5 days earlier. The hike was still nice and I enjoyed getting the cache but I may have selected another location to spent that day hiking at if I hadn't thought there was an FTF there.

I'm also from the same area as Hypnopaedia and I remember that specific cache and was planning on going after it the day it was logged, I really thought that was a dinkish move on the part of the FTFer to wait so long as I'm convinced it was on purpose just to mess with the typical FTFers (see my response to terrkan78 above). The vast majority of us that FTF around here on a regular basis are very friendly to each other and it's genearlly as Hypno states, we log as soon as reasonable possible.

I also want to say that I am surprised by the almost palpable negativity towards people who enjoy FTF's on this forum. While there are no guidelines and rules there are common courtesies and best practices with the sub-game of FTF's. I know in my area (Puget Sound), almost everyone is willing to share an FTF if the other people were on scene and started searching. Rarely do I see any dispute's around it. As for the question in the thread I have to say that in my area logging your find as FTF would not be Kosher. Your best bet is to ask the CO what they think, and go with that.

Funny that when I first started caching I disliked FTFers, partly because one of the elitist cachers took it upon themselves to inform me that it was frowned on to 'hog' all the FTFs. But now later, I can't for the life of me figure out why it bugged me. Nor why it bugs anyone else.

As far as the OPs question. There is no 'claim' to FTF, there is just FTF, plain and simple - the first to find the cache and sign the physical log book after it was placed is the FTFer.

Note that this may NOT be the first to sign the log as some do what is called 'beta finding' when they are along with the CO when the cache was placed; they will sign the log when it was placed, typically on the back sheet or below the FTF slot, then log a found log after the FTF logs their find, and in the online log, which is dated previous to the FTF to match the placed date, they congratulate the FTFer to make it clear about the circumstances. Personally I think that practice is fine as you can't refind a cache that you already know the location of. I have purist friends though that will rehike a 10 mile 4000 feet hike just to refind the cache and sign the log before claiming a find.

My thought is that if you are part of the group searching for the first find, you are a co-FTFer. I very much like that practice as it promotes cooperation and teamwork over competition and individual one-upsmanship. Most FTFers around here share that thought but there are a couple that are very competitive to the point of running past you on the trail or getting pushy while on site.

For logging etiquette, I'd like to be posting as soon as reasonably possible at least a 'FTF more later' found log until such time a full log can be completed.

I know a geocacher, who knows a geocacher, who caches in a large group. When the group finds a cache...and they are all the FTF on that cache, he quickly logs the cache on his android phone. That makes him the FTF. Then when we get home, we back date our logs to yesterday....and that makes us FTF.

You're joking right?? :unsure: I've been home from GW9 for almost a week and have only logged the caches found on the way there on 6/28-9. Hopefully my real life will give me time to get caught up with the rest of my trip's logging by the end of the weekend.

Not everyone logs their finds immediately, especially when traveling. Lighten up Francis.

BTW FTF=First to Find, nothing more nothing less.

I guess it is more important to realize HOW a ftf is claimed.

Anyone can Say they are the ftf. However....the software determines the ftf.

by the way...I was the ftf on every cache..... (see...it didn't make me the actual ftf).

:mmraspberry::drama:

Well, maybe that is how your software works. Since it is not an official Groundspeak subgame, statistic, or algorithm, it doesn't really matter.

The software I use does it differently, BTW. In one case, I just mark the ones that I claim an FTF on. In another case, it searches for a particular phrase that I only use when I log the cache and claim I was FTF.

Just ran into a situation where after 1 full day the THREE cachers who had the first signature on the log still had not bothered to log in. So on seeing this i made a special 15 mile run to try to get the FTF only to be disappointed. Had I known I would have waited until I was in the area on other business before going for the cache. To me not registering a(n?) FTF ASAP after the find falls on a scale somewhere between ignorant and discourteous. I can see one person temporarily not having access to a computer/smartphone, but three?

Yes Geocaching disappointments are part of the game (DNFs, mugglings, sleeping in and missing FTF opportunities, etc), but for some strange reason a lack of common courtesy on the part of fellow cachers was not what I expected. Maybe its a local thing.

Just ran into a situation where after 1 full day the THREE cachers who had the first signature on the log still had not bothered to log in. So on seeing this i made a special 15 mile run to try to get the FTF only to be disappointed. Had I known I would have waited until I was in the area on other business before going for the cache. To me not registering a(n?) FTF ASAP after the find falls on a scale somewhere between ignorant and discourteous. I can see one person temporarily not having access to a computer/smartphone, but three?
Perhaps they wanted to live rent-free in the heads of other FTF hounds. Perhaps they were trying to trick other FTF hounds into making a special 15 mile run in a futile attempt to get the FTF. Perhaps they really were being rude.

Or perhaps they had some other reason, completely unrelated to the other FTF hounds. Perhaps they were traveling and it wasn't convenient to log their finds yet. Perhaps they had a bunch of field notes ahead of this FTF, and wanted to wait to log them all in order, to avoid screwing up their statistics. Perhaps they were treating this find just like any other find, and not as the ASAP-worthy FTF that you think it is.

Sorry, but logging geocache finds online is not an ASAP-worthy issue for most geocachers.

• Upvote 1

Yes Geocaching disappointments are part of the game (DNFs, mugglings, sleeping in and missing FTF opportunities, etc), but for some strange reason a lack of common courtesy on the part of fellow cachers was not what I expected. Maybe its a local thing.

What an over developed sense of entitlement. Sorry I really don't see the problem. I have a day of caching planned out but the opportunity comes up that I can grab a couple of FTF's on my way out. I get them and here is the clue - I'm not going back home to log them just for your pleasure, I'm going to continue with my day. And have you considered some like playing the FTF game by getting the FTF and then enjoy seeing folks like rush out to find they did not get and start to rant? Remove FTF from this rant and insert Travel bug and it reads the same.

• Upvote 1

:laughing: Holly man maybe the FTF Cachers should start leaving Apples & Cheese.... HaHa

I could care less about being a FTF, if it happen oh darn it, I must have made a mistake.

I think I should do a Multi-Cache and leave one of my coins in it.

Mr. Holly do you think I should place all stages on Mountain Tops just to have some fun? :unsure:

That would be a coin worthy FTF prize for that cache. I'm sure some would enjoy it.

Wow, it sounds like there are some nasty cachers out there with an unhealthy obsession. Logging in the back to hide you were there first? Waiting a day or two to log it online to fake out others? What kind of mentality would do that? I'm glad we don't have any of that around here (that I know of).

I live in a fairly remote area so I'm usually some distance from a new cache. I'd probably play the FTF game if I could, but it's not practical from here. Still, it's nice to get the prize sometimes. I got a $10 gift card to Subway once.

The other effect would be logs like "FTF, full log follows". Often never followed by a real log entry. Or extremly delayed, so that the owner has to reload the cache page often to see if there are problems (changes of a log entry won't be included in the owner notification email!).

That bad habit just seems to spread here. :(

No, noone is obliged to play the FTF game and noone should be forced to log online just to feed (or rather hold off) the FTF hounds. The online log is a reward and/or piece of information about cache conditions for the owner and a decision help for other cachers, it just should be logged within a reasonable time frame (1-3 days seems perfect).

I don't see a problem. FTF in the cache's logbook is FTF. 2 of my FTF's were on holiday (Japan and Reunion) and I try log log ASAP but finding a cache in the morning means logging in the evening when we're back at the hotel/B&B IF there's internet access, if not it will have to wait. I log with GSAK or GDAK so logs are written on the same day and most of the time they are logged online the same day.

As for being disappointed.. sh*t happens. We had long multi's where we logged a DNF after hours going from WP to WP and then failing to find one of the last WPs. It happens but then again, we were out caching and had fun, we just didn't find the cache.

I love finds at my convience, which sometimes happens on the same day I found the cache - whether I was first to find, or not.

If that bothers another cacher who missed a FTF, I see it as their problem, not mine.

Yeah, I love finds at my convenience, too. Love 'em!

The other effect would be logs like "FTF, full log follows". Often never followed by a real log entry. Or extremly delayed, so that the owner has to reload the cache page often to see if there are problems (changes of a log entry won't be included in the owner notification email!).

No, noone is obliged to play the FTF game and noone should be forced to log online just to feed (or rather hold off) the FTF hounds. The online log is a reward and/or piece of information about cache conditions for the owner and a decision help for other cachers, it just should be logged within a reasonable time frame (1-3 days seems perfect).

Agreed (although I realize that not everybody sees that as a bad thing). Unfortunately, it is now spreading to non-FTFs as well, although I have NO idea why. At least I can see the point of those that do it for FTFs.

Opinions, are welcome.

So what if they took time to log the caches? It's their right to do so. If they are traveling, you can't expect them to just stop right there and log the cache just to please people who demand find logs now, now, now! Even if they are not traveling, they should be allowed to log at their convenience. We have people who go out and cache and won't post logs sometimes for weeks. It's no skin off our backs, so why does it bother you?

Why should a FTF'er log their find ASAP? Does it make any subsequent finds invalid if the others finding it discover on their own that they were not FTF? Of course not. You still got a smiley out of the deal, so what's the issue?

If it was logged FTF does this mean you would not have gone for the cache?

Sad to say, many won't. Many will let a cache languish for a long time if they don't think they have a chance at FTF. I think that's why some people sandbag their logs...to keep interest up.

I don't intentionally sandbag my finds, FTF or not. I log them at my convenience, so sometimes it might amount to an instant, in the field log, or one that is done at the end of a long day.

One time...ONE time I intentionally did it to prove a point in our area. We had been noticing that certain people were not even bothering with caches, no matter how cool the placement was, for sometimes months if they didn't have a FTF chance. Yeah, they were that petty over it. So, a really cool cache came out...a decent, but relatively short hike in a great area. I got FTF on it, and told the cache owner that I was going to sandbag the log (I sent them a pic of my FTF log, though, LOL) and why I was doing it. They were totally cool with it and wanted to see what would happen. How long did I hold Off? Maybe about 12 hours...

Anyway, unlike the long stretches of time that would pass without finds when cachers knew I or someone else got the FTF, not seeing any type of log for hours apparently made them drool for FTF, and the ensuing logs that were posted were both hilarious and sad. A group of three of them went out, certain of their FTF, only to find out they had been beaten. Dear Lord...you'd have thought I insulted their long-dead grandmothers! They whined and complained about how they "wasted" their time going out there for the cache when the FTF had been claimed and that people should log FTF quickly, quickly, quickly! Sad thing is, the walk there had beautiful views, great hiking and the hide was well done. Nope, none of that mattered to them. They fizzled out of caching soon enough, anyway.

Just ran into a situation where after 1 full day the THREE cachers who had the first signature on the log still had not bothered to log in. So on seeing this i made a special 15 mile run to try to get the FTF only to be disappointed. Had I known I would have waited until I was in the area on other business before going for the cache.

Really? You're going to whine over driving 15 miles, not getting the FTF but still finding the cache? Entitlement, much? You would have gone insane, then, back when I started. I am by no means old school, but I did begin this hobby in January of 2006, and back then, people did not log finds on smart phones at all. Heck, most people still printed out the cache sheets to take with them! You went, you cached and when you got home, then you logged. Or maybe you didn't, waiting for a bit later. The rub is, with no instant logging, FTF was always an unknown. You just never knew if you were going to get it or not. Know what? It make it a lot more fun, too!

The introduction of cell phone caching seems to have also introduced an age of entitlement and the need for instant gratification, both of which are sad.

To me not registering a(n?) FTF ASAP after the find falls on a scale somewhere between ignorant and discourteous...[sNIP]...but for some strange reason a lack of common courtesy on the part of fellow cachers was not what I expected.

There is nothing discourteous and certainly nothing ignorant about it. People are not obligated to log a FTF right at that very moment just to placate you or anyone else. If you are that hung up on immediate FTF logging, then maybe the FTF game isn't your thing...

Agreed (although I realize that not everybody sees that as a bad thing). Unfortunately, it is now spreading to non-FTFs as well, although I have NO idea why. At least I can see the point of those that do it for FTFs.

It's hit here as well, even with regular finds. One such cacher always posts a log that just says "Place holder." and if you're lucky, they might come back and expand on it. Sad thing is, their "expanded log was maybe a sentence or two. You could have written it right there! But...as was said, though, unless you intentionally go back to look, you never know if they changed it or not, so...

Headed out once when a cacher known for his cool spots and higher terrain had two new ones out, yet no finds four days later.

FTF on both. Had fun.

Later, a team of cachers wrote that they headed out just for the FTF, and if they knew it was grabbed, they wouldn't have driven so far for only two.

Four days after publication. Found the same day as me.

I find that pretty arrogant.

- When do these guys think is a good time to wait for them? :laughing:

<_< So, I think I got it now. It seems the aka Smartphone Users vs the GPSr Users.

I for one do not own a Phone, I guess I'm old school and leave any communication until I get home.

Wait! I do own a iPad but the GPSr is my main line to communicate to me where to go.

I don't use GSAK instead I use iCaching it's a Mac thing. No iPhone for me. :yikes:

I do use Pocket Quere to load the old GPSr, then I head out. Now the unique think I do is I have a real life so my finds are low and I've been around a long time.

Dog Shows, Scouting, Climbing, family outing and work take up time, so numbers are low. Now that I've retired a few weeks ago I can play more but that does not mean I'll spend it trying to grab FTF's. I just don't care, if it happens it happens. Living in the NW is an adventure with ... What's just over that Mountain? I think I'll hike in to that Lake and stay a few days.

The best part is NO PHONE SERVICE, just peace of mind I'm on my own. Yes, I left a detailed plan where I'm going and an estimated time to return with Family. Mr. Muir would be proud of me.

So, please allow me to step off this rock and say go grab all the FTF's you can wrap your hands around, I prefer the beautiful sunrise and the mist of early mornings. Oh, look the sunset is glorius and I forgot to grab that cache on the way in maybe on the way out. Darn, I should have run home to log in and tell the world I was the first to find that cache. NOPE and get over it, life is too short and this is only a Game.

PS.. Mr. Holly I have 4 coins to drop off and I'll be leaving 10 in Europe. Do you have any Cacher in mind for the 4 or should these be the Mountain High group?

Best regards, the Mutt :laughing:

I read your log and from what i'm seeing, there just isn't enough information available to cause any grief. It's nice when cachers log promptly but sometimes it just isn't possible. This could be what's happening here. Being the respectful and courteous person i am, i try to log as soon as is possible. But i'll say now that this doesn't happen every time i get a ftf.

One example, a ftf may be in the middle of a multiple cache finding day. In most cases, that log would have to wait because i log my caches in the order i find them. Another example, i very rarely get on the phone to log so this is another time when my ftf log may come in late. Even if i did log from the phone, there might not be cell coverage when i needed it.

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me to find that the three people ahead of you did it on purpose just to cause angst. Hopefully this is not the case but if you somehow find out it is, then you just have to get over it. Unfortunately these days, non-courteousness (not sure that's even a word) and lack of respect is everywhere. Don't take it personally...

<_< So, I think I got it now. It seems the aka Smartphone Users vs the GPSr Users.

No, it isn't.

Just for the record: mostly I cache with my iPhone, occasionally I hunt for FTF (and don't always succeed - which often makes the better story), write long log entries ON MY SMARTPHONE (for the last STF I needed two "write notes" and one "found it" to circumvent the 4000 character restriction for logs), usually I log after my caching day/weekend from home, and my numbers are somewhere near 100 caches per year (only). Still I like this game. :)

This discussion is about fast logging style vs. delayed logging, especially in FTF hunting with variable definitions for "fast", "delayed" and "seriosity of FTF hunting". Please don't mix that with a discussion about "smartphones", "GPS receivers" and/or "generation/age", that just isn't valid. If you think otherwise, please proof (but consider my example above as contra proof). Thank you. :)