Favorite points in GPX

The-Eaves

Hi there guys...

I am sure that the number of favorite points for each cache would make a good addition to pocket queries... This would make for a wave of interesting number over at Statistics - Bend it any way you like!

Is there any news as to whether this is going to happen?

And still nothing :sad:

Which is curious since the RelNotes for the iOS 5.1 version state that favorite points are available in pocket queries ? But I just checked a current GPX - nothing ...

I think you might need to enable GPX Version 1.0.1 to get the Fav points in the GPX files.

Go to: Your Profile

Then: Account Details

Then by : Your Preferences select Change (bottom left)

Then change: GPX Version Preference To V1.0.1

I think you might need to enable GPX Version 1.0.1 to get the Fav points in the GPX files.

This is set to 1.0.1 since a long time. Do you get FPs in GPXs ?

(observing the iPhone App, it seems that it downloads additional data like FPs via the API)

Edited by arminus

(observing the iPhone App, it seems that it downloads additional data like FPs via the API)

Hmm this is interesting. It seems like it is not the the GPX file, but part of the GS API.

I gathered it from this GSAK link:

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=24068&st=0entry179243

Hmm this is interesting. It seems like it is not the the GPX file, but part of the GS API.

I gathered it from this GSAK link:

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=24068&st=0entry179243

The Groundspeak forum thread linked above (from 3 years ago) indicates that favorite points are part of the 1.0.2 schema. Documentation, the XSD & examples for that new version were all published in that thread, but 1.0.1 is still not a selectable option in account preferences.

Very disappointing. I'm experimenting with data from PQs and that new version would help me quite a bit.