What coins did you get at GWIX?

Tennessee Jed

Here are some coins I got at GWIX. Some may be old, some may be unreleased, but most were new at the event. What did anyone else get?

f2b2c82c-ec2a-4e17-bbf8-6136604def7e.jpg

That the esteemed Colonel Cachington's new coin (far right, second row)? Wouldn't suppose that someone has an extra to trade? :huh:

That is a beautiful looking coin. Anyone know the name of it?

Here are some coins I got at GWIX. Some may be old, some may be unreleased, but most were new at the event. What did anyone else get?

f2b2c82c-ec2a-4e17-bbf8-6136604def7e.jpg

That the esteemed Colonel Cachington's new coin (far right, second row)? Wouldn't suppose that someone has an extra to trade? :huh:

That is a beautiful looking coin. Anyone know the name of it?

Colonel H. George Cachington Unicorn Geocoin

ILYK

I left out all of the duplicate coins I had gotten for others, so a smaller table worked just fine...I'll do a better job of posting smaller groups of pictures here or in the mailbox post (yes, I placed them all in my post box before bringing them in from the rv!)

Lots of trades, lots of purchases, but much more importantly, got to meet some geocoin people from the days of yore (when was yore?) and some of the very best newer posters. The hot dog and marshmallow roast pre-trade gathering will be my favorite memory of GW9.

Anyway, the coins...

SANY0244-1.jpg

the shirt and hat are also trackable!

oops, almost forgot one of the coins I came home with...........

where did it go?

Oh, here it is!

SANY0245-1.jpg

ILYK
Edited by drneal

Very awesome haul, drneal! I was happy to have met you in person at Midnight Geocoin Madness. I knew you had a fairly extensive collection of geocoins, but to see it in person...wowza! I about had to pick my jaw up off the floor. Thanks for sharing your collection; I just wish I had more time to go through it all! Congrats on getting an Eartha also!

I left out all of the duplicate coins I had gotten for others, so a smaller table worked just fine...I'll do a better job of posting smaller groups of pictures here or in the mailbox post (yes, I placed them all in my post box before bringing them in from the rv!)

Lots of trades, lots of purchases, but much more importantly, got to meet some geocoin people from the days of yore (when was yore?) and some of the very best newer posters. The hot dog and marshmallow roast pre-trade gathering will be my favorite memory of GW9.

Anyway, the coins...

SANY0244-1.jpg

where did it go?

Oh, here it is!

SANY0245-1.jpg

ILYK

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Such a tease! Great to see you got your most sought after coin :D

Wasn't expecting to return home with much but that all changed. I broke up what I came home with because it was easier to keep track.

First the GW Dove trades :)

cbe8aa93-d59c-49de-b443-b1175d608339.jpg

Then the personal trades :)

d43780fe-8dc1-45ad-afa8-8509b03258fb.jpg

Followed by purchases :)

f4c733d7-dece-4af0-a942-d6c8cd9bfc42.jpg

Then the GW Poker second place winnings :D

I'm just glad customs did ask what was in the heavy bag :P

45282c95-0376-4c50-b489-83b1eadb4ffb.jpg

My first GW and I was in heaven. :P

This was in my registration packet (although you had to trade the little ones for other cacher's little ones to get all 6 different ones):

gw_front.jpg

gw_back.jpg

Then I found some vendors (although the bottom 4 were purchases at MGM3 when I ran out of traders):

purchases_front.jpg

purchases_back.jpg

These came with those other things:

purchtag.jpg

Then I traded during the Meet & Greet, afterward at drneal's weenie roast and again at MGM3:

trade_front.jpg

trade_back.jpg

...and that's not all! :ph34r:

Wasn't expecting to return home with much but that all changed. I broke up what I came home with because it was easier to keep track.

First the GW Dove trades :)

cbe8aa93-d59c-49de-b443-b1175d608339.jpg

Then the personal trades :)

d43780fe-8dc1-45ad-afa8-8509b03258fb.jpg

Followed by purchases :)

f4c733d7-dece-4af0-a942-d6c8cd9bfc42.jpg

Then the GW Poker second place winnings :D

I'm just glad customs did ask what was in the heavy bag :P

45282c95-0376-4c50-b489-83b1eadb4ffb.jpg

Coingrats on your poker finish!

Anyway, the coins...

where did it go?

Oh, here it is!

ILYK

It was such an honor to meet you drneal. The weenie roast was my favorite part of the weekend, just because I got to meet some of the nicest people I've ever known. :wub: (Followed closely by the geocoin madness event on Saturday where I was on a geocoin high that I'm still coming down from!)

Congratulations on the Eartha coin!! I saw one Saturday night, as well as all the versions of the moun10bike. A feast for the eyes that place was!! :D

Nice haul, NOSNOW. Can't wait to see the closeups.

Congrats on the poker winnings kini_ont!! Any chance you'll shoot some closeups of your favorites?

@ gardengorilla...I hope it doesn't change your mind about the coin, but I believe they're whales on the back of the Peace Day & Night coin. I wish I picked up some extras. That is my FAVORITE new release coin :)

For sheltiedogshowlover...

Trading at the campsite

campfire.jpg

The doves :)

doves_front.jpgdoves_back.jpg

I still need 7 more doves, then I'll have them all.

Nice haul, NOSNOW. Can't wait to see the closeups.

Congrats on the poker winnings kini_ont!! Any chance you'll shoot some closeups of your favorites?

@ gardengorilla...I hope it doesn't change your mind about the coin, but I believe they're whales on the back of the Peace Day & Night coin. I wish I picked up some extras. That is my FAVORITE new release coin :)

For sheltiedogshowlover...

Trading at the campsite

campfire.jpg

WISH I was there!!!!!!!!!!!

One day...

The doves :)

doves_front.jpgdoves_back.jpg

I still need 7 more doves, then I'll have them all.

Ah - so that's what my dove looks like! Thanks for the photos. :D

Sorry if the pics are too big/small......played with them forever, ugh....

THANK YOU EVERYONE for selling, trading, or just plain meeting me at GeoWoodstock IV!!! It was our first MEGA event and first Woodstock! So wonderful to meet everyone in person!! Such amazing, caring, and fun people!! :):wub:

Purchases:

Eventcoins.jpg

CACoins-1.jpg

Purchased4.jpg

Trades:

trades2-1.jpg

Trades-2.jpg

trades3.jpg

tradeV.jpg

tradeGum.jpg

GWDoves-1.jpg

Gah! looking at what you all got my wishlist is going to go through the roof!!!! I am desperately in love with that unicorn coin, especially after seeing the back side of it... :wub::wub::wub:

(and the voyage of exploration coins, and the ten good deeds of geocaching, and the peace day and night :wub:, and oh my, those celtic dragons with the gorgeous intricate back........... sigh :wub: )

I wasn't looking to do any trading and I only had about 100 coins with me. I did some trading with an avid coiner. I will post pix later.

Quick questions:

1. The yin/yang looking coin was that for sell? Vendor?

2. Were there any hiking stick medillions there with the GW9 logo? or any geocaching? I would like to add to my stick?

I wasn't looking to do any trading and I only had about 100 coins with me. I did some trading with an avid coiner. I will post pix later.

Quick questions:

2. Were there any hiking stick medillions there with the GW9 logo? or any geocaching? I would like to add to my stick?

To answer #1 - this coin was available for purchase by attendees of Midnight Geocoin Madness 3, held the same night as GWIX but at a different venue. It was sold at the Geocoin Store table; and if you see this in time, check out their online store - they still have the Antique Bronze version available if you missed out.

Not sure if they had a GWIX-specific walking stick medallion though. I thought I'd seen most of the new items; but seeing the unicorn geocoin pics here, I realize I definitely missed some things. :(

Quick questions:

I have extras of the midnight madness coins if you're interested in trading...and who was that masked avid coiner :anicute: ?

ILYK

The official (?) coins of GW9 and Midnight Madness III:

IMG_NEW-26-2-1.jpg

IMG_0001_NEW-6-1.jpg

Geowoodstock IX Official Event Geocoin, Geowoodstock IX Keystone Geocoin (crew version), Geowoodstock IX Keystone Geocoin (RE), Midnight Madness III Geocoin AG, AS, LE AS (glitter)

GeoWoodstock IX Hardwood Coin

ILYK
Edited by drneal

For those that wanted the Peace Night & Day coin, it's now available on the coins and pins website.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

It is weird. When I got to put the coins into my cart it says "available" but when I go to check out it says they aren't available. Boo...sold out already?

Anyone have a spare to sell or trade with me? I really need this coin.

Thanks - trade list in my sig line. :)

Keewee!!!!!! ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH you took the coin out of my cart! :P

Sorry! Could have been 10 of us with it in our carts :(

Knowing there was only 1 of them left I fully expected it to disappear when I went to checkout, but I got lucky.

Does anyone know if the Voyage of Exploration-Air version was a special edition just for GWIX and if they're still going to sell them on their site?

Edit: Nevermind...just went back to their site and they finally put them on sale :)

Edited by eseurat

DSCF4090.jpgfirst id like to say that i got to meet tennessee jed and even got a warrior mystery coin at the coin event

i got so many coins its hard to say but ill try to get a pic of them and post them i bought some traded some and had a great time doing it.

i also got 2 plaques in the above pic with all of the proxys also if anyone is interested.

it was a coin lovers heaven.....

Edited by mlrs1996

Keewee!!!!!! ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH you took the coin out of my cart! :P

Sorry! Could have been 10 of us with it in our carts :(

Knowing there was only 1 of them left I fully expected it to disappear when I went to checkout, but I got lucky.

If the site doesn't say sold out on the item page, they should still have some safety stock to load back in the cart once the existing orders are packed up.