Locationless Query

blahginger

I would like to have an eBook listing of all of the locationless caches. I am having trouble getting a query to return all of these at once. The problem stems from the fact that you are required to input a starting origin and that the maximum radius to search for is 500 miles. The nature of locationless caches do not lend themselves to this sort of query.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The true traveler is he who goes on foot, and even then, he sits down a lot of the time.

- Colette

The same thing could be said for the Planet of the Apes type caches. If I want to capture just those, I better be able to expand my search radius to more than just 500 miles. icon_frown.gif

What really needs to happen, and I'm not sure how it would happen, is that you could expand the search radius to encompass the globe, but you'd max out on the number of caches. The trick is that the caches below the "max" would have to be the closest in proximity.

In other words, if some numbskull were to make their radius 12000 miles, and they selected ALL caches (having reset the 100 cache number to 500), only the 500 closest caches would show up.

Elias?

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

The same thing could be said for the Planet of the Apes type caches. If I want to capture just those, I better be able to expand my search radius to more than just 500 miles. icon_frown.gif

What really needs to happen, and I'm not sure how it would happen, is that you could expand the search radius to encompass the globe, but you'd max out on the number of caches. The trick is that the caches below the "max" would have to be the closest in proximity.

In other words, if some numbskull were to make their radius 12000 miles, and they selected ALL caches (having reset the 100 cache number to 500), only the 500 closest caches would show up.

Elias?

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching