First FTF Today!

Yep, I got my first FTF today along with my wife!

I had a "caching day off" on Wednesday, and this one appeared at a park I was in earlier in the day after I was a few miles away so I set it to watch and waited. This morning it was still there, so we went for it. We got there, and since it was a multi, we set out to find stage 1. We looked around, and around, but the clue for stage 1 didn't fit anything in the area. My GPS was telling me it was x number of feet away and so on and so forth.

Suddenly, observant wife sees container and pulls it out. We open it up and there's the log and the FTF prize. Turns out the hider had put the wrong coordinates in and instead of taking us to GZ for the hint box, he took us to GZ for the final.

Oops!

I did e-mail him and let him know this.

After we signed the log!

Oh well. I knew you guys would appreciate the fun of a first FTF and I also figured the story would be interesting from a gameplay pov.

It took me until this year to get a FTF (started caching last July) and then I picked up another one with my nephew. My last two were together by the same hider and I had been working night shift and since they hadn't been found by the time I got off work at 730am I went for them. So I got 2 in less than an hour and believe me I was super-excited! What stinks for me is that most of the reviewers in my area publish at 11pm or 4am or somewhere in-between so I'm usually at work :(