Can't Log Bug as Placed

*bandit*

By looking at your profile, I'm assuming it's the Orca tag you are referring to. I would contact the owner of the TB. It looks as though they have set it to 'Not Collectible' which would only allow for discovery or a note. The 'Not Collectible' option should only be used if the owner is keeping the trackable and not releasing it into the wild.

Hope that helps.

Cheers B)

Edited by ace862

By looking at your profile, I'm assuming it's the Orca tag you are referring to. I would contact the owner of the TB. It looks as though they have set it to 'Not Collectible' which would only allow for discovery or a note. The 'Not Collectible' option should only be used if the owner is keeping the trackable and not releasing it into the wild.

Hope that helps.

Cheers B)

The "not Collectable" option does not stop people from logging a find or grabbing the bug. It just stops them from putting into their trackables collection.

Which TB is it?

Are you sure you grabbed the TB when you logged the cache you found it in? If you didnt grab it from the cache and you still have the tracking # you can still grab and then drop it into the cache where you left the bug by logging a note.

Hope that helps.

Cheers B)

The "not Collectable" option does not stop people from logging a find or grabbing the bug. It just stops them from putting into their trackables collection.

Which TB is it?

Are you sure you grabbed the TB when you logged the cache you found it in? If you didnt grab it from the cache and you still have the tracking # you can still grab and then drop it into the cache where you left the bug by logging a note.

Please.

If you take a TB from a cache, that it is listed in, you RETRIEVE the TB.

When you place it in a cache you DROP the TB.

Grabbing a TB is a different matter.

I placed a bug in a cache today. When I go to log it as "placed" it only gives me the options of "discovered" or something like write a note. What has gone wrong or what am I missing? Thanks Everyone.

Try editing the log on the cache you Dropped the TB in.

When in the log, at the bottom of the log box will be a drop down menu with the choice of Drop TB.

Click, and confirm the log.

OR

On the cache page. Write an Note, and you will also get the same option to Drop TB.

Yikes, I better watch my terminology! I tried just about everything and including editing the post. Finally I deleted the entry and when I went back to log it correctly I realized I no longer had the tracking number. Oh well, live and learn. I thank you for your suggestions. BTW it was Mount Lebanon Diabetes tag or bug. I guess it did not have a bug on it therefore it's not a bug? I'll catch on..............

Thanks Everyone

Yikes, I better watch my terminology! I tried just about everything and including editing the post. Finally I deleted the entry and when I went back to log it correctly I realized I no longer had the tracking number. Oh well, live and learn. I thank you for your suggestions. BTW it was Mount Lebanon Diabetes tag or bug. I guess it did not have a bug on it therefore it's not a bug? I'll catch on..............

Thanks Everyone

Never mind. Hopefully the next person to retrieve it will log it correctly ;)

This is a good time to do my regular 'nag'... It's a good idea to get into the habit of writing down (or photographing) the tracking number of every TB or geocoin you retrieve as soon as you collect it. That way you always have it handy if you log it wrongly or something odd happens and you have to do some sort of correction.

MrsB :)