Can't Find Tracking Number

geo_vet

Today in my caching adventures I found what I thought was a really awesome geocoin. It has the geocaching symbol and a message about geocaching on it, and looks like a geocoin, but lacks a trackable code. It has 116 written on it, but I don't think that's enough digits to count. I even tried looking that up as a trackable code, but the correct one did not appear. Is this not a trackable item? If not, am I supposed to keep it or forward it to another geocache? Thanks!!

Today in my caching adventures I found what I thought was a really awesome geocoin. It has the geocaching symbol and a message about geocaching on it, and looks like a geocoin, but lacks a trackable code. It has 116 written on it, but I don't think that's enough digits to count. I even tried looking that up as a trackable code, but the correct one did not appear. Is this not a trackable item? If not, am I supposed to keep it or forward it to another geocache? Thanks!!

Are you able to post a phot of the geocoin so that we can identify the geocoin and confirm>

If it is trackable it must say on it somewhere "Track at geocaching.com" or Trackable on geocaching.com" or similar.

It may be around the edge of the geocoin, and the tracking code might be on the edge also.

The other thing could be that it is a non-trackable geocoin. :)

Are you able to post a phot of the geocoin so that we can identify the geocoin and confirm>

If it is trackable it must say on it somewhere "Track at geocaching.com" or Trackable on geocaching.com" or similar.

It may be around the edge of the geocoin, and the tracking code might be on the edge also.

The other thing could be that it is a non-trackable geocoin. :)

Again faster than me :lol:

With a number like 116 it is most likely a non-trackable personal geocoin. Feel lucky that you have found it, and consider it to be swag, being sure to trade appropriately for it.

I'd rather see a picture of the coin first before saying it's swag.

There are quite a few coins where the number is on the rim. Personally, I wouldn't send those coins on a journey, as it is quite tricky to spot the number.

It would be great, if a photo of the coin could be posted.

What wording is on it? What is its shape (round. square, or ?)

If it does not have any text on it, anywhere, that says it can be tracked on www.geocaching.com, then it is not trackable on geocaching.com. That is one of the requirements of the design approval process. Sometimes, that text and the tracking number can be hard to find. Check the rim and both sides of the design.

Sometimes, it is a signature item.

I found my 1st GeoCoin today. I'm guessing this is also non trackable, as I don't see a number. The Name is "Pirate 4 Hire. Caching since Jan 17, 2007". But it does not match the picture of the Pirate 4 Hire on the geocoin webpage. How do I find the onwer to drop them a note?

If it is a Pirate for Hire coin, about an inch in size or smaller, then it is a PathTag and not tracked here. Does it only have a design on one side and words/numbers on the other? Then it is a non-trackable. I am guessing it is silver with white. His geocoins I believe are 1 3/4" or so and pretty heavy.