Pocket Query on Android

I'm new to this but love it. We went last weekend & found 4 using my Android (LG Optimus V), GeoBeagle & Geocaching.com.

I've set up 2 PQ's to run & I receive them via email, plus I can preview them on the website, but I don't know how I can use them on my phone without internet access.

When I open the file through my email on my phone (using AndroZip) I am prompted with a menu of choices to open the file with. I've tried many (AndroZip, AndroZip Text Reader, GeoBeagle) but none of them open it in a usable manner.

If someone familiar with opening PQ's on the Android can help me I'd really appreciate it. Until then, I'll be forced to only cache when I have internet access & can navigate from the PQ preview....

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm new to this but love it. We went last weekend & found 4 using my Android (LG Optimus V), GeoBeagle & Geocaching.com.

I've set up 2 PQ's to run & I receive them via email, plus I can preview them on the website, but I don't know how I can use them on my phone without internet access.

When I open the file through my email on my phone (using AndroZip) I am prompted with a menu of choices to open the file with. I've tried many (AndroZip, AndroZip Text Reader, GeoBeagle) but none of them open it in a usable manner.

If someone familiar with opening PQ's on the Android can help me I'd really appreciate it. Until then, I'll be forced to only cache when I have internet access & can navigate from the PQ preview....

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've added PQs to both Geobeagle and the official Geocaching App, no problem. For info on the official App, go here:

http://www.geocaching.com/android/tutorial/#pqs

and scroll to the bottom of the page.

For Geobeagle:

http://code.google.com/p/geobeagle/

and scroll to "Pocket Queries" halfway down the page. You may have to use the web browser (and visit your account's PQ page), not email attachments, to load a PQ into Geobeagle. Geobeagle really prefers to use "BCaching.com", but I didn't feel like signing up there. I guess I'd rather do it the hard way. :P

Edited by kunarion

Thanks, but I still have some questions....

1. Once I click on the email attachment and am taken to AndroZip on my phone, do I click "Open" when asked to Choose Action?

2. When I do click Open, my instinct tells me to Complete Action with "GeoBeagle", but is that correct?

3. The 3rd step in the GeoBeagle/Pocket Query instructions says "In GeoBeagle, click on the "Offline List" button to get to the cache list page. Click the menu button, then select "Sync GPX files from /sdcard/download." GeoBeagle will import all caches from every file ending ".gpx" or ".zip". " but I don't have an "Offline List" button. What/where is this?

Thanks much!