July 2011 Photo Competition

OK - sorry - posted under the wrong account! Should have been The Blorenges!! Honest, I am one of The Blorenges :blink:

Thank you for choosing my photo of the rock splashing in the water.

The theme this month is groups of people out caching. Could be a family group, friends together, going up mountains, walking, at events - in the pub (drunk or sober), picnics. Any photo that shows groups of people enjoying geocaching! 3 or more people count as a group! I don't mind if your photo is not taken during this month but as it's a monthly comp more recent photos are preferred but then you may have that killer photo from earlier in the year!

Competition will normally close on the 31st of July but as that is the Welsh Mega I'll let it run till the 1st August but no entries after that date!

Chris (MrB)

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme* if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, display the photo and copy the URL to provide a link to the post. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

Edited by Graculus

Taken just last month at Glen Quey Hike----Innerdownie (5-10). If I hadn't been the judge last month, this picture would have been used then. There is just enough people to make it a group photo!!

7d1dcc4c-2869-482c-8ca4-780d1efbed42.jpg

With the exception of Original A1, who took the picture, this was all of the attendees at SP's After the Pain! (Edinburgh) event.

0a4e83b7-198c-4e1d-8b06-ce24ad149810.jpg

I don't expect the next couple of photo's to count, but you can consider them if you wish. B)

This photo is over a year old, but it was a good event.

e17e3e77-7c94-4603-aea0-fadda66337f1.jpg

This one is a little bit more recent, taken at my CITO event in April.

09885c3c-16f7-47ad-aa15-97898ad3895a.jpg

1c4c978d-a2a1-47e8-90d7-63aac04aea81.jpg

During the First Campout of Summer event near Kinlochleven, we found the Death of Power GCJ3TZ. This was taken early in the day when spirits were high B) .

360c5029-a5f6-4735-a820-7eae6695887c.jpg

A more recent picture from the flashmob we organised. I read that making your subject jump rather than pose gives a natural smile and a better picture. It's difficult to get everyone to jump at the same time though :rolleyes: .

This was the 22nd of april, http://coord.info/GC2H9GV, Boykeys Bridge, a great walk with the Joes and a great cache!

IMG_2645.jpg

This was the 18th of July, http://coord.info/GC1ZTTH, Crantock Libary, on holiday in Cornwall some of the Joes went out night caching in the dunes, we fought sand storms, and got lost in the maze of footpaths, but a book sharing cache was a great find at the end!

2a902106.jpg

Edited by geo-joes

Some great photos (and silly people!). Thank you to everyone who submitted a photo. Lots to choose from and as always difficult to decide which to pick but here are my choices.

1st place is Splendidz for the Flotsam and Jetsom cache. It's a nicely composed picture and shows the extremes people go to when caching!

2nd place is M0rdain with the group of tired cachers. I like the smiles which shows how much they've enjoyed their caching day (or had the little cachers been promised ice-cream?)

3rd place is hobgoblinkiteflier with the phooning group. An example of how mad cachers can be when enjoying themselves!

I'd like to mention Pedagog's photo of the group opening the cache box. I liked this one as it shows the interest of the group opening the cache. The reason I didn't place it was the dog... nothing against dogs I must add but you can only see the wrong end of it! From a composition point of view if the dog had also been looking at the cache box would have been a really great photo!

Over to you Splendidz! Well done.

Chris (MrB)

Some great photos (and silly people!). Thank you to everyone who submitted a photo. Lots to choose from and as always difficult to decide which to pick but here are my choices.

1st place is Splendidz for the Flotsam and Jetsom cache. It's a nicely composed picture and shows the extremes people go to when caching!

2nd place is M0rdain with the group of tired cachers. I like the smiles which shows how much they've enjoyed their caching day (or had the little cachers been promised ice-cream?)

3rd place is hobgoblinkiteflier with the phooning group. An example of how mad cachers can be when enjoying themselves!

I'd like to mention Pedagog's photo of the group opening the cache box. I liked this one as it shows the interest of the group opening the cache. The reason I didn't place it was the dog... nothing against dogs I must add but you can only see the wrong end of it! From a composition point of view if the dog had also been looking at the cache box would have been a really great photo!

Over to you Splendidz! Well done.

Chris (MrB)

:D Yippee! :D I've never won a photo competition before!

Now to think of a theme for August....