bookcrossing.com

I would just like to introduce everyone to bookcrossing.com. Bookcrossing.com is a site where you register a book, put a label on it, and send it out for others to read and send out again. Pretty much, it's like a travel but. On one of my other threads, I had asked about putting books in caches and one person had responded with this idea. I have known about bookcrossing for quite some time now but I did not think about putting the books in geocaches. So, pretty much, I am have now registered two books and am ready to put them out in geocaches. It's really a great idea, just make sure they're in a zip-loc bag and put in a waterproof container...

Just wanted to share that.

Edited by SuperRat

I put a book crossing book in a cache once. Unfortunately, the cache went missing after I logged it, so I never got to see if it moved from there. With so many tiny caches these days, it's not always easy to find one with enough space for a book :(

Thanks for posting Bookcrossing.com! Years ago, I came across a "freed" book and looked up it up off the label. I desperately want to start a book cache - similar to a take-one/leave-one shelf at coffeshops. Lately I've even been shopping for watertight containers and everything. But like niffer mentions, I still need to find a hiding spot. Tricky to scout out a place for a regular-size cache – or larger.